• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 17 Miller A Threat

Zelocita Weather

Upton says 15:1 and they're usually bullish, upper level temps were almost identical this last storm and Upton was calling for possible 20;1 ratios, I saw 2.4" fall on .24" liquid, with no wind...snow growth was awful dispite the great ingredients, high ratios rarely work out especially in and around the city

u were also way north of the main low. Missing the heavy bands

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not as north as u were. And this will be a better setup. More widespread precip shield, much colder temps and no breaks in the precip. I think your a good poster but you've got to look at the overall picture! I guess we'll find out Tuesday but I'm betting we get 15:1 or more

I'll agree that ratios I also think will be higher this storm, maybe 15:1. However, we should never rely on better ratios to get solid accumulations. 0.2" would be still only a few inches. With lake effect situations, they are able to squeeze out 30:1+ ratios albeit more moisture usually. We've had absolutely no signs of this being a big snowstorm aside from the SREFs and one run of the euro. I think we've learned over the past few weeks to look past the snowiest couple model runs and go with the consensus

Dude please go look at the models, I love your optimism, but there's no guidance to back you up tonight... Rgem is literally snow showers for you and everyone not on long island

It's not just models when making a forecast. I think a blend right now plus using north trends puts NYC right around 4 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not just models when making a forecast. I think a blend right now plus using north trends puts NYC right around 4 inches.

Sent from my iPhone

Do you concider 1 nam run a trend? Btw the nam didn't have the low any further north, only the precip shield... And the RGEM maybe the most reliabke model we had within 48hrs went south of its 12z run, so what trends are you talking of?

Do you concider 1 nam run a trend? Btw the nam didn't have the low any further north, only the precip shield... And the RGEM maybe the most reliabke model we had within 48hrs went south of its 12z run, so what trends are you talking of?

The overall trends of the last 24 hrs. Everything has ticked north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honestly some people are annoying on here and give false information. If you guys don't like snow why the heck are you posting on a weather forum. Can't stand the negativity and bad information on here. Miss information from some posters is just obnoxious! Too much negativity!

There's also a thing called too much positivity. Emotion and science do not mix and honestly your 6-12" prediction is way out there compared to all guidance 1-3/2-4" with isolated 5" spots in southern areas like Staten Island/Monmouth, seems like a good call which has been the call since the threat started getting discussed

Put it this way.....at this point, it's safer to toss the SREFs, toss the NAM and make a forecast based on the RGEM, GFS, and Euro.....and as we get very close to the start of the event, we can watch the RAP and HRRR.....it's really the best bet. If we did this for each storm so far, I don't think we'd feel like we're completely in the dark in terms of what to expect. I'm usually not int "tossing" models, but I feel those 2 really skew the mean big time and are unreliable

Put it this way.....at this point, it's safer to toss the SREFs, toss the NAM and make a forecast based on the RGEM, GFS, and Euro.....and as we get very close to the start of the event, we can watch the RAP and HRRR.....it's really the best bet. If we did this for each storm so far, I don't think we'd feel like we're completely in the dark in terms of what to expect. I'm usually not int "tossing" models, but I feel those 2 really skew the mean big time and are unreliable

Will be fun (and potentially painful) to watch this on the models to see how strong the confluence is and how it holds.

Archived