• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 17 Miller A Threat

Zelocita Weather

As far as recent models go...the RGEM is a miss, but the NAM moved north 75 miles from its previous run and has been moving north all day long. The SREFS point to 6 to 10 inches of snow and is trending. Sounds like a mixed picture with some upside potential. Let's see what the rest of the 0Z models show and realize that models have been poor this year even within 24 hours of an event.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty in line with the recent nam as well, maybe a little less amped

Yeah.  I'll take the snowpack refresh and wait in hope the model gods deliver one final miracle for us all in the next few weeks!

I have to say this cold weather and nickel and diming of snow events has me looking forward to spring moreso even than last year.  

Yeah. I'll take the snowpack refresh and wait in hope the model gods deliver one final miracle for us all in the next few weeks!

I have to say this cold weather and nickel and diming of snow events has me looking forward to spring moreso even than last year.

Yea I'm gonna whiff up here most likely, but I've seen snow atleast once a week the past 4 weeks, so I can't complain

I think you're a good poster despite the attacks on you before for not calling for an 8-12 inch snowfall with this. Once again people got sucked into buying overamped, overjuiced outlier rogue runs of certain models and ran with it, gee I don't know...for maybe the 10th time this winter already

Yeah it's been to many times, I have finally learned.

Yeah. I will respect one thing with the new GFS. It doesn't flip-flop a ton like the prior one or like the other NCEP model I won't even NAMe here.

Definitely. That's what I've noticed as well. The models that seem to gradually move toward a different solution tend to be the best (euro, RGEM, and possibly the new GFS)

Getting back to the weather for just a moment.

The fact that this event has moved up a full 24 hours+ from what it was originally progged at

and the fact that massive explosive bomb is still on the field over the maritimes likely a big factor

that this is staying suppressed and not really following the seasonal trend of "ticking" north.

Based on all 00Z data so far 1-3" seems like best forecast for NNJ/metro NYC area.

The fact that this event has moved up a full 24 hours+ from what it was originally progged at

and the fact that massive explosive bomb is still on the field over the maritimes likely a big factor

that this is staying suppressed and not really following the seasonal trend of "ticking" north.

Based on all 00Z data so far 1-3" seems like best forecast for NNJ/metro NYC area.

Agreed, but would increase the range 2-4/5 as lowest qpf still yield >1" even to NYC

2/16 00Z Summary Tue 2/17 Storm (AM - PM)

NYC Area QPF 

SREF: 0.35 - 0.50

NAM:  0.25 - 0.40

RGEM:  0.10 - 0.25

GFS:  0.15 - 0.25

There is lots of great analysis here, I have learned much over the years.  Sure there is some bickering but if you dont want to read it then scroll past it, its not a big deal.  I actually find it more annoying when posters claim one board better than another, all they have to do is leave.  Most of us are passionate and that comes out in in a variety of ways, people need to learn to embrace it honestly.

edit: delete if too banter-ish

srefs(arguably old data) and nam were both better

This is a fair forcast, I do believe parts of Long Island could see 4-6" but that's banking on the northern most solution

The AO and NAO have been raging positive nearly the entire winter. You should count yourselves lucky for getting near average snowfall.

This winter should have been a sham but luckily the pacific has been more than generous so we've had a decent winter.

Don't expect a KU this winter and I learned my lesson not to. There's a reason why we've had almost no KU's in a +AO/+NAO pattern. Expect more smaller systems before the winter wraps up and places like NYC should get around 30" for the season which is very solid with well below temperatures.

Archived