joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 17 Miller A Threat

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GGEM is barely a scraper. Oh how I long for just one coastal hugger. I'm tired of bring fringed all Winter long.

I like the RGEM at this range and GGEM lends its support.  GFS on the "wetter" side along with the NAM.

Still like 1-3" for NNJ and immediate NYC area.  Think up to 4" amounts will be confined to along and south of

a TTN to Sandy Hook line.

CAUTION .

That LP running through the lakes  will  most likely allow this to  correct way N and W  and that will not be snow on coastal plain and the western side will be robbed of any good moisture flow and you will be left with the best precip falling in the warm sector .  

You don't want to see LP there , you want to see a High through the lakes . So regardless of what the model shows you this far out , you NEED to see that change , if you want snow on the coastal plain and bigger precip shield to the W . f174.gif

6 days later and this stands

6 days later and this stands

Good call man.....looks like that's how it may turn out. Precip shield is not expansive and we don't get much help with it passing far outside of the benchmark (though this should be quite a nice snowstorm for a good portion of the midatlantic, just not a 12-18 incher.....

bd304ba63f4271ef57d9856d53bb9456.jpg

I still think KNYC could see 2 to 3 but greater than 4 is probably on the CNJ coast with 6 down in SNJ

There is just too much confluence for the SLP to come far enough N to bring warning criteria snow for most N of 195 .

But if you can appreciate 2 to 3inside a week of minus 20 from the norms then its your kind of week .

If you are KU hunting this is not your storm.

Good call man.....looks like that's how it may turn out. Precip shield is not expansive and we don't get much help with it passing far outside of the benchmark (though this should be quite a nice snowstorm for a good portion of the midatlantic, just not a 12-18 incher.....bd304ba63f4271ef57d9856d53bb9456.jpg

With SLP in the lakes only 2 things happen , if we did not have this extreme cold dome of air over us , we would have P Type issues

And in this case the air Is plenty of cold the western side just falls apart.

I am sure it has happened before , but I never like seeing LP in the lakes , it just burns you in the end.

That said , this is not a whiff , but its not what it could have been.

Euro

NWNJ .1

KNYC .2

Southern half of LI down into Monmouth county .3

Sorry for the bad news.

I was saying earlier.....toss the SREFs and the NAM (due to lack of reliability) and go with the GFS/RGEM/Euro.....falls right in line with a 2-4" snowfall NW to SE across the NENJ/NYC areas.....10-15" around Boston

I was saying earlier.....toss the SREFs and the NAM (due to lack of reliability) and go with the GFS/RGEM/Euro.....falls right in line with a 2-4" snowfall NW to SE across the NENJ/NYC areas

If there was ever a time for 15 to 1 ratios your 850s and 700 MB levels are very cold and there will not be any wind as the center is

so far East .

Hope for .25 at 15 to 1 and maybe you can make chicken soup out of chicken s......

Archived