• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

So it looks like both the euro and gfs shifted a little north. Wouldn't be surprised to see the gfs move back towards the 12z Thursday solution either during tonights runs or tomorrow mornings runs. 12z Thursday gave most of Maryland 5 or 6 inches.

Why? Do you think it will phase more at 500 in SW? The low off Maine will move out quicker or not be as strong?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why? Do you think it will phase more at 500 in SW? The low off Maine will move out quicker or not be as strong?

Not expecting too much more of a phase but the I would expect the low to move off the coast of a Maine a bit quicker. The retrograding low a couple weeks back in the blizzard didn't really end up retrograding and moved north a little quicker. This next low is modeled to move almost due east between hours 48 and 54 which I'm not really buying based on what has happened this year. If that low continues its northeast trajectory it will head up to northeast Canada earlier and allow the storm to come more north.

The Euro ens eman is pretty much a miss to the south.  I little light snow on it but not even .10" liquid equivalent.  That's not a great sign. 

The mean is a bit deceptive, I think, due to differences in the 1st and 2nd wave on a bunch of the members.

20/50 members give us 4"+ of snow regionwide with a ton of big hits in there. 

The mean is a bit deceptive, I think, due to differences in the 1st and 2nd wave on a bunch of the members.

Interesting,  I'd like to see a little more agreement.  The NMA doesn't like us through 84hrs, We'd have to take our chances with the later wave if it's right. 

I saw that. 11 6" or more solutions. But it's been a steady decline. The mean is like 2.5". We were 4-6" just 3 runs ago. 

2.5" is still very different than less than 0.1" liquid that Wes said... 

True, mean precip is between .25-.30 for the period. The bigger issue is that about half the members don't give us meaningful precip at all. A good # of whiffs and less than .10. 

Time for changes though. I'm far from axing the threat. Today was a sideways to slightly better move overall across guidance. 

True, mean precip is between .25-.30 for the period. The bigger issue is that about half the members don't give us meaningful precip at all. A good # of whiffs and less than .10. 

Time for changes though. I'm far from axing the threat. Today was a sideways to slightly better move overall across guidance.

What did u think of 84 hr NAM? Anything notable to you? I didn't see much that made me feel anything. I was looking for the wave out west to see how far it digs

Sounds like you are suggesting the mean of those solutions is a moderate event for us.  Pretty bold call, not sure there is support.

No, I am stating that other than a rain storm right on top of us all the bases have been covered so perhaps models can switch their mode to what will most likely happen rather than all the options that could happen.

Archived