Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Storm potential Sunday-Monday, 2/8-9/2015

famartin

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This euro run develops a deeper trough earlier and causes the height to rise more along the coast resulting in a warmer solution with more rain/mix.  QPF isn't that bad but snow accumulation is less.

attachicon.gifeuro2-5.png

As is typical, that snow map is overdone... Euro raw doesn't look like any measurable snow around TTN.

As is typical, that snow map is overdone... Euro raw doesn't look like any measurable snow around TTN.

You're probably right. Their data show 1.6" at Trenton, all but 0.1" of it falling between 0Z and 12Z Tuesday. I still think their maps are more realistic than wxbell's.

Edit: I should have said accumulating, not falling.

Well if it's not going to snow, I kinda hope the threat keeps shifting north to where 50 and Sunny may be a reality for sunday.

I too am rooting for 50. I will have to break out the fishing gear, though I doubt I could get a slob lmb to bite this time of the year. Will be nice to get out and shake off the rust anyway, maybe get lucky :-)

Isn't that a bit like saying Canada is due for some cold weather? Stop being so magnanimous about it, lol.

not  entirely true, there are winter patters that can be better for NY and middle altantic, see 79=80, 2009-10, or even last year to a large extent.   the reason this is a boston winter is because they are the one east coast city that truly doesn't need a -nao to cash in (in fact too much blocking is bad for them sometimes).   I'm down in PHL now where it has been a train wreck, honestly NY has been ok, not a great winter, but no disaster.

Its all good. I find this whole winter comical. Sometimes you just have to laugh.

^This^

The only thing I'm rooting for now is to see if this winter will finish with below average temps, above average precip, and below normal snowfall ... hey, at least it would be something different.

not  entirely true, there are winter patters that can be better for NY and middle altantic, see 79=80, 2009-10, or even last year to a large extent.   the reason this is a boston winter is because they are the one east coast city that truly doesn't need a -nao to cash in (in fact too much blocking is bad for them sometimes).   I'm down in PHL now where it has been a train wreck, honestly NY has been ok, not a great winter, but no disaster.

I said it pretty much in jest. I don't begrudge anyone as much snow as they can get, we all get our turn. And this winter here has been tortuous in a way that is indeed comical. Even with all that, one decent area wide storm this month would wash away a lot of the frustration and no doubt this sub-forum would enjoy the party.

Archived