Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Storm potential Sunday-Monday, 2/8-9/2015

famartin

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM is so far north that we would make a run at 50 and sunny on sunday. 10x better than another 34 and rain storm, i hope it verifies.

I know it probably matters very little but I heard they were sending planes into the Pacific tonight and I was wondering if any of tonight's runs will have this data?

I know it probably matters very little but I heard they were sending planes into the Pacific tonight and I was wondering if any of tonight's runs will have this data?

I didn't hear of this but typically when they do send planes to gather data in the pacific it's typically for the 00z suite. But I don't know for sure, perhaps Ray or another met could give a definitive answer. I think it definitely would make a difference if they do have samples from the plane, we've seen how drastic the changes in the models have been once the players get on the field this year.

Well based off of the last storm the nam should come close to verifying. Bring on spring!

Curious if this storm can take nam track and fail spectacularly if it might create a more favorable track for the next vort in line day 6. Failing are way to success might be the solution.

Euro snow maps are garbage, 850s are warm. Not sure if they just suck or think sleet = snow, but there is not a flake of snow on the Euro at TTN, for example. All sleet/freezing rain.

What kind of qpf is that showing?

Looked like GFS for Abe was like .30" freezing rain, with front end and back end rain showers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived