joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen on FB from some wx Jordan, that SC and Ga was getting cold rain. SERIOUSLY?? When everything is pointing to a sig ice storm in NeGa and the Upstate?

Yes Wx Jordan is the name. I don't know him so to me he is Some guy.

Sounds like he was giving a general overview rather than giving specifics. Your location may get different conditions than the majority of SC and GA.

I can't speak for him though. Maybe you could PM him with that question? He posts on here...

If you look at the 24h panel on the UK you would certainly think that this would end up better for us than it does. Well, at least to my very untrained eyes.

http://meteocentre.com/models/explorateur.php?lang=en&map=na&run=12&mod=ukmet&stn=PNMPR&comp=1&run2=-99&mod2=cmc_anal&stn2=PNMPR&hh2=036&fixhh=1&stn2_type=anal&mode=latest&yyyy=latest&mm=latest&dd=latest&hh=024

Fair question I hope....now that we are seeing some "slight" trends back to the south on the midday runs, can it be inferred that the models are now in range to start understanding the deep cold already in place? And which models are capable of seeing this vs. Which models dont incorporate that data?

That's a good question.

I'm reading that the EURO ticked south, yet the snow totals ticked NORTH. Seems odd to me.

Fair question I hope....now that we are seeing some "slight" trends back to the south on the midday runs, can it be inferred that the models are now in range to start understanding the deep cold already in place? And which models are capable of seeing this vs. Which models dont incorporate that data?

In years past I've heard the NAM was good at CAD setups (of course in the short term). 

Wintry precip totals were higher here. Your area was all-snow this run.

The Euro was also not as far into VA with the heavy precip. The prolific snow totals of the 00z run in central VA are no more.

You are correct, good sir. I just compared the two side-by-side and overall, it was a tick south, but you're right about the big totals.  That's what caught my eye as "disappearing" more, the pinks and blacks.

It really sucks that my WxBell sub ran out on 2/13. :lol:

Archived