joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 31-February 2nd Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know its easy to go 8-12" because 6-10/8-12 is the common range given for many a big snowstorm here, but I think its going to be depend how things start out tomorrow. Depending how much snow has fallen by the 1pm observation may dictate if they actual go all into those amounts. I mean, if we are at like 3-5" by lunchtime tomorrow and have another 20 hours of snow to go (with the heaviest to come Sunday evening), they will have no choice to bite on 12"+ amounts. Temps will be in the teens most of the storm and it wont be pixie dust, so I imagine some fluff to the snow ratios.

Time to turn on the Wyandotte snow magnet.

I know its easy to go 8-12" because 6-10/8-12 is the common range given for many a big snowstorm here, but I think its going to be depend how things start out tomorrow. Depending how much snow has fallen by the 1pm observation may dictate if they actual go all into those amounts. I mean, if we are at like 3-5" by lunchtime tomorrow and have another 20 hours of snow to go (with the heaviest to come Sunday evening), they will have no choice to bite on 12"+ amounts. Temps will be in the teens most of the storm and it wont be pixie dust, so I imagine some fluff to the snow ratios.

No reason to go 12"+ crazy at this point like you are saying there is plenty of time to adjust higher tomorrow.  Heck 90% of the population hates snow and wouldn't know the difference between 8-12" and 10-14" or even 12-16".  The will just hate it regardless. :lol:

always fun to watch....

wrf_nmmeast-radar-loop_1hour.gif

This is an awesome map. It's cool to watch the storm unfold, according to the model.

Been a while since I've made a map.  Obviously, this is not to be thought of as any sort of official forecast. 

Go big or go home as they say.

attachicon.gifsnowmap.png

Nice map, Hoosier! I miss the days of people making their own maps. Especially the ridiculous ones that the kid in CT would make all the time in the early 2000's. :)

Archived