joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 31-February 2nd Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9z SREF is rediculous @ KRFD, mean ~15.3 in, max 21 in, min 11 in ; no members below 10in... One Cluster..

Very Interesting, same is true for the rest of N ILL...

9Z sref is pretty wild on a strip extending from SEMI across to Northern Ill, barely any sub-foot ensemble members. Given the juiciness of the 12Z NAM, I'm interested to see if the ensembles hold serve in the next SREF run or if turds are introduced into the punchbowl.

9z SREF is rediculous @ KRFD, mean ~15.3 in, max 21 in, min 11 in ; no members below 10in... One Cluster..

Very Interesting, same is true for the rest of N ILL...

15-17" along I-94 into Michigan as well going east. Basically the same range you mentioned, basically between I-80 in Ohio and I-96 in MI.

For the region that matters:

attachicon.gifuntitled.png

DTX is going to have to raise totals significantly in PM update. They are way undershooting OP NAM, OP GFS, SREF, and OP EURO at this point. I think they'll go with a 12" upper end headline for southern counties.

EDIT: This will also have the unusual feature of temps in the teens during nearly all of the event. Usually the juiced events locally are fingernail biters too for marginal temps. (Jan 4/5 2014 was one of those with rain/snow line just over the border in ohio)).

Glad to see IND continuing to wait and see how all this just might play out..

Up to 39 IMBY, feeling pretty nice outside!

Tough forecast around IND...really only the Canadian suite on their side in terms of big snow so it's hard to feel good at this point.  I think Brandon mentioned there could be quite a north/south gradient around there and no reason to doubt that at this point.

Tough forecast around IND...really only the Canadian suite on their side in terms of big snow so it's hard to feel good at this point. I think Brandon mentioned there could be quite a north/south gradient around there and no reason to doubt that at this point.

post-1236-0-45072400-1422728518_thumb.pn

Found this from eastern. Thought you'd get a laugh lol.

Torchin' at 33 here in Detroit currently. But I doubt it effects much as temperatures this far north are going to be very cold come tomorrow morning.

Actually pretty beautiful out today. Outside of the high clouds skirting in, you'd never know such a big storm was headed this way.

Thats a sign that something big is brewing... like a heatwave outside :D

Yeah Indy is tough. I could see Noblesville getting 6 to 7" with downtown getting 3 or so of slop and the far South side getting almost none.

I'm in a tricky spot for sure. In the last 24 hours I have seen ranges of 3-10 inches in just Hamilton County alone. As said before I'm keeping my eye on the temps but I'm going to go less than you. This north trend is just too much to hold out hope for. My call for Noblesville: 3.5 inches. Just a county north could end up with 5-6 and Indy getting 2-3. It's going to be a tight gradient.

If LOT pulls the trigger on blizzard warnings, will be interesting to see if it's just the lakeshore counties or area wide.  Stronger winds are not perfectly correlated with the entire length of the storm but certainly the back half or so looks windy with strongest gusts probably in areas near the lake.

Archived