• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Forecast/storm discussions and part II Manitoba Mauler

Damage In Tolland

sorry it's probably me that's melting down the most, I just need to take a step back and see how it unfolds

Think most of us get paranoid right before the event when a sucker hole is likely. It's one thing to have a storm whiff one way or another...but when everyone around you gets nailed and you can't manage persistent heavy snow, it's the worst IMO. We've all been there. But if you get lucky things break your way. I remember being paranoid about getting sucker holed in the Feb 2013 storm...most of the models had this area in the screw zone...I was pretty pessimistic up until the deform band moved ashore from LI around 5-6pm. 30" later...  

Think most of us get paranoid right before the event when a sucker hole is likely. It's one thing to have a storm whiff one way or another...but when everyone around you gets nailed and you can't manage persistent heavy snow, it's the worst IMO. We've all been there. But if you get lucky things break your way. I remember being paranoid about getting sucker holed in the Feb 2013 storm...most of the models had this area in the screw zone...I was pretty pessimistic up until the deform band moved ashore from LI around 5-6pm. 30" later...  

Yeah--they do suck.  I think me, Chris, Lurker and Dave dealt with that in the Boxing Day storm.  Still was decent but disappointing compared to all the reports on here.

At least when you're missing wide-right, you can be better prepared for it.

Looks like we'll need to do some saturating before anything of not.

16.7/6

RGEM is a tad slower also.  Great run for so many of us.  Today was the day I finally felt good about getting close to 2 feet.  I knew it was 18+ most likely but today some of the deets got ironed out.  We'll see if there are surprises.  I don't care if I get 14 inches as long as BOS gets 2 feet....lol.

RGEM is a tad slower also.  Great run for so many of us.  Today was the day I finally felt good about getting close to 2 feet.  I knew it was 18+ most likely but today some of the deets got ironed out.  We'll see if there are surprises.  I don't care if I get 14 inches as long as BOS gets 2 feet....lol.

Long duration right into 18z wednesday up here on some of the models

Yeah--they do suck.  I think me, Chris, Lurker and Dave dealt with that in the Boxing Day storm.  Still was decent but disappointing compared to all the reports on here.

At least when you're missing wide-right, you can be better prepared for it.

Looks like we'll need to do some saturating before anything of not.

16.7/6

A lot of people were screwed with that one...myself included. I was recovering from a stomach bug however and don't remember be too bent out of shape.

This one seems like it'll be more like Feb 2013...screw zone will still be 18" of snow. But I don't buy into the idea of one giant deform ban like Kevin is suggesting. Subsidence will set up somewhere...will it be central CT or a bit further east?

Ditto on the thanks to Dendrite/Wow/Eell for keeping us running

Question:  Why would the GYX snow forecast graphic have me (Yarmouth, ME) at 18-24", while p&c (adding up the low range and high range for Mon night/Tues/Tues night) is 13-21"?

Believe me, no complaints here, just curious as to why the totals differ so much.  Let it dump!!!  :snowing:

You bring the good juju