joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Bust of the Century January 26-27 2015 model suites and discussions

Morris

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very much in the NAMs bullseye range. Everyone should be looking at this thing exploding up the coast on the radar the tilt is even more pronounced. Upton upped their totals for a reason PRE euro.

The band currently developing right across the area as per the 12z NAM is proving to be spot on. So its great 18z initialization

gives credence to the beautiful 18z run. 

What's important right now is actual observations, we already have a negatively tilted trough.

Good Observation brotha.  I think we need to sit back and chill and let her take shape and you'll see this evening if your getting the projected totals or at least near them, or its a bust, nonetheless a great system to track as that's the enjoyment for me as there's no more playing in it and the shoveling isn't as great anymore or as fulfilling, lol!!

the band is probably place between LaGuardia and JFK where I am. Driving towards JFK right now in our band easily. Grand Central covered in 2 inches white top

Wow.  We've had a powdery snow here very light all day-maybe 1/2 inch so far

Yeah it's been fun. Have 2.0-2.5in of new snow here. Mod-Heavy snow falling still.

The heavy rain in eastern Delmarva is a good sign that this low will deepen explosively as the NAM depicts, and this will create 3-5 in per hour snowfall rates over Long Island, NYC and n NJ. Would go with higher end of estimates and expect some astounding totals in squall bands from Long Island Sound. Totals across metro NYC could be anywhere from 20 to 40 inches and I would not rule out even higher amounts in a few places in s.e. NY state, w CT and north central Long Island.

You can see from all radar and satellite evidence that the low is primed to develop very rapidly and will try to push towards Long Island, maybe even looping slightly at some point before heading northeast across outer Cape Cod.

Im not saying u are wrong, but the NAM doesnt even think that rain over delaware right now exists, so not sure I would make the connection...

f06.gif

Archived