joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential coastal storm 1/26-28

robertgny

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I really like this run and the GEFS had several members that showed a similar situation. However, I am still thinking that this will end up being a LI/New England storm in the end. The trend is certainly west, but I suspect that there will be re-adjustments east with time. This is not to say that much of NJ will still see at least SECS type totals.

You  are just   dumb... wxbells  snow maps are    almost  a;ways over done 

eurowx.com uses    evan  Kuchera   snow logarithm ...

the fact that  YOU dont under stand  doesnt make  me  wrong. 

I DO understand that -- why the attitude - im ALWAYS the one who talks about how overblown they are - I know the EUROWX uses Kuchera - why do you get off on acting like you are the only one who knows anything

Not boxing Day. Boxing day was a Miller A

Guys this is a Miller B MM

My post wasn't in regards to the evolution of the storm but how the models suddenly brought it back.

In regards to bluewave and Plfdwxdude you guys are right. This storm is a bigger surprise, if it verifies.

LOL pockets of 36" on the euro snow maps around TTN.

Lol I'm terrified to be in the bullseye, at least we are only 2 days out. I can't believe this HECS came out of no where. If this verifies a lot of people are going to be caught off guard and this is going to be real bad considering I-95 is ground zero. Point and click forecast are calling for less than an inch; there will not really be any time to prepare for an event of this magnitude. I'm trying to keep my expectations low but if this verifes it will be the biggest storm I've ever witnessed by a large margin. All eyes are on the 0z suite tonight which is going to be the most important winter run in years.

The atmosphere has been doing some really wild stuff in recent years.

While we don't have a -NAO today's storm acts as a 50/50 low and with the ridge spike out west..the energy really digs. This is doable. Folks if this storm materializes you can thank today's event

If the other models trend more towards the Euro (even if not as incredibly as the Euro currently shows) and the Euro holds tonight into midday tomorrow, the newscasts will probably sound the alarms.

The fact that the models are clearly sensing the potential in this storm, even if they're not all completely there yet, says something's coming IMO. Also, this is coming from them sensing the relevant S/W's as they are now entering land.

If the 0z runs tonight continue to trend toward a big event, I'll be honking like a hyena. 

Do you know why I'm so confident in the euros solution.. Not necessarily the amounts but the track and solution? How many times have we seen the euro bite this hard within 72 hrs on what was a far different solution a day ago then loose it again...anyone?

It did have a couple of wild runs with today's system, but it's close enough in that hopefully the models are really onto this. 

Do you know why I'm so confident in the euros solution.. Not necessarily the amounts but the track and solution? How many times have we seen the euro bite this hard within 72 hrs on what was a far different solution a day ago then loose it again...anyone?

agree with this - not necessarily the amounts (probably not the amounts) but wow

Archived