• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential coastal storm 1/26-28

robertgny

I'm no meteorologist, but my forecasts are almost always accurate. I can comfortably state that for KNYC 10+ is a high probability bet at this point with up to 20" locally. If i had to put a number on it right now I would say 14". The euro is a top all time storm, but I'd have to see great ensemble agreement or 0z doing it again before I jumped on that train. ISP east 16-22" looks likely.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh good old convective feedback issues huh? lol anytime they're being cautious and don't wanna bite quit yet the outlier model has "convective feedback" I would take that excuse with a grain of salt

Right, exactly and yet when the same excuse is used by some to dismiss a less snowy solution, none of these same cautious people ever claim that it's correct to say that there is convective feedback and we get a bust in snowier direction and those cautious people again look foolish.

Looks like a long duration event, 18-24 hours maybe longer??

The euro seems to dump most of what falls in a 6-hour period.....which is both awesome and scary. Scary because it makes you realize how just a small shift with that insane 6 hour period of VERY heavy snow could result in making this still a significant, but not extreme storm like it's showing. Fingers crossed

Right, exactly and yet when the same excuse is used by some to dismiss a less snowy solution, none of these same cautious people ever claim that it's correct to say that there is convective feedback and we get a bust in snowier direction and those cautious people again look foolish.

however I've rarely seen a model run that doesn't verify BASED on convective feedback issues alone yet it's thrown around a lot, but i see what ur saying

The euro seems to dump most of what falls in a 6-hour period.....which is both awesome and scary. Scary because it makes you realize how just a small shift with that insane 6 hour period of VERY heavy snow could result in making this still a significant, but not extreme storm like it's showing. Fingers crossed

Scary also becaue if this storm dumps that much in six hours, well it'll be like what happen to Brookhaven in February 2013

Scary also becaue if this storm dumps that much in six hours, well it'll be like what happen to Brookhaven in February 2013

You're right. I remember when they got that dumping, even right before it happened.....many were saying "there's no way that's actually snow is it?!?!" as the band approached on radar

Six hours of intense snowfall rates, but that's s 15-20 hour duration storm

Archived