joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Discussion for Late January into February

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a risk of that being out to sea, of course. It would be nice to see the 12z suite build confidence, but it's still pretty far out.

This is true, But i like the chances for that one which looks like it could have a more favorable track for the region as a whole because of the pattern we are entering

This is true, But i like the chances for that one which looks like it could have a more favorable track for the region as a whole because of the pattern we are entering

I'd like to see it look a little less ragged on the Euro. The pieces are nice but it isn't quite "pretty" yet. Plenty of time for change in either direction re: Tuesday. Saturday's goalposts are narrowing.

for the weekend storm.. do we still post model stuff here? or in it's own thread?

worthless at this time range but not much change on srfes  just FYI

You certainly can.  Once particular threats come into focus we'll break those out into threads but you can still post info in here as well with respect to what the model(s) show,

I'd like to see this thread eventually become just about what the models show and not what people think of a particular model, etc...

For clarity, are you guiding this thread in the direction of strict model observation rather than model analysis and opinion? (ex: "The 12z NAM shows an chance for OES Thursday in E MA" and not "I like the look for the JMA for Monday's tornado outbreak. I hope it's right. You should ignore the GFS on this one, it's a hot turd model.")

Just trying to get a better understanding on specifically what you mean by this.

For clarity, are you guiding this thread in the direction of strict model observation rather than model analysis and opinion? (ex: "The 12z NAM shows an chance for OES Thursday in E MA" and not "I like the look for the JMA for Monday's tornado outbreak. I hope it's right. You should ignore the GFS on this one, it's a hot turd model.")

Just trying to get a better understanding on specifically what you mean by this.

why bother just post the model and don't discuss probably less than 1% of this forum can"t read a model, better yet just have a thread with text data, ugh

I'm in the boat of mostly just showing/interpreting what the models show in here as well as peoples personal thoughts/analysis of a system without the emotions of "oh woe is me".  If you have an issue with a models output explain why rather than the "model blows". I don't need the NAM/SREFs, GFS blows type stuff.  That ran its course a decade ago and belongs in the banter thread.   

I'm in the boat of mostly just showing/interpreting what the models show in here as well as peoples personal thoughts/analysis of a system without the emotions of "oh woe is me".  If you have a issue with a models output is explain why rather than the "model blows". I don't need the NAM/SREFs, GFS blows type stuff.  That ran its course a decade ago and belongs in the banter thread.   

But the SREF's do blow. It's important to repeat this once a day, otherwise we forget, and then we get hurt.

But the SREF's do blow. It's important to repeat this once a day, otherwise we forget, and then we get hurt.

And I'd say they don't.  All models have a time and place when they are useful.  Knowing when that is is also important.  Some people get all bent out of shape when someone just posts what a model shows (whether it's an accurate solution or not).  Nothing more annoying than that to me when there is no control over what a model spits out.

And I'd say they don't.  All models have a time and place when they are useful.  Knowing when that is is also important.  Some people get all bent out of shape when someone just posts what a model shows (whether it's an accurate solution or not).  Nothing more annoying than that to me when there is no control over what a model spits out.

Pick up on the jokes, kid, lest ye become one yourself.

1/26/11? Earlier I think someone said that storm was a top analogue for Saturday.

I did.

Yes, you are correct, somebody did say that...maybe Barocliniczone?? I'm not sure.

Nope. Was still me.

I think SnowGoose pulled up the analog.

Wrong again.....

Australian is a miss but a bomb...damn.....

IDY20000.mslp-precip.114.png?1421755200

Wait....the Australians have a model? Learn something new everyday.

Ec ensembles seemed near BM on Saturday, but a bit further east early next week.

The mean might be near the BM, but there is a rather impressive cluster of low pressure centers that appear to pass inside the BM to near ACK. Which gets my attention because the precip shield cut-off is going to piss me off. Tippy & I will end up smoking cirrus if this thing goes over the BM.

Archived