joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Discussion for Late January into February

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

System one is just strong enough to deliver good snows to some, but just weak enough to not disrupt downstream flow allowing the clipper to amplify in time to give snow for more. Somewhat of a balancing act going on here.

Exactly.I think some places can cash in on both. Let's see what the euro will show first before the trains ready to board.

GFS is pretty much the best compromise we could hope for regarding the Saturday and Monday systems.

Looking ahead into the longer range, the CFSv2 weeklies continue to suggest a remarkably cold first few weeks of February. Combine that with a negative EPO and a resurgent Niño, we could really cash in during the upcoming weeks.

Of course you do thanks for my 100 inches this year :) lets focus on storm one then get specific about storm 2 after lol

While I believe we rain on Saturday, we only rain for a time, every model switches us over to snow towards the middle and end of the storm, therefore I think we can get 3-6" of snow, followed by the miller B snowstorm which brings 2" of QPF all snow to Cape Cod.

Archived