joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Clipper potential Tue Jan 6

NYCSNOWMAN2020

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RGEM looked north too slightly, these clippers always seem to bump north 50-75 miles..sometimes they even end up more north than the models running as they move in.

We're essentially be skipped over because of the redevelopment. You can see here how you have two QPF maxes, one well to our southwest and the other offshore. So even if this does eventually come further North, I don't see how we end up with a wetter solution, unless the redevelopment ends up being severly delayed.  

f24.gif

God that thing already looks pretty pitiful I'm also doubting we get more than a dusting to a coating.

It never ceases to amaze me how difficult it is to get any snow once the pattern turns sour but the opposite holds true during a favorable snow pattern where it finds a way to snow no matter what.

Currently this season and last season are polar opposites and test those theories perfectly. Normally I'd say we were shut out for the rest of the season but I don't think this winter will be quite the disaster 01/02, 07/08, and 11/12 were.

Of course we can get a dismal 10-15" for the season and not have it be a disaster on par with the winters I mentioned.

I really can't see how u guys get a coating, I understand that the mountains my eat up the precip. But the radar looks at least a inch.

Once it gets past the WV mountains, it will become shredded and will mostly just be snow showers and some banded snow which will largely be south of us. Sometimes clippers can slow enough and be strong enough aloft for Atlantic moisture to recover the snow, but this isn't one of them. Be happy with a coating, which is even less than what I thought we'd get 48 hours ago. 

Archived