joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's looking somewhat like the Dec 2009 system right now. That would be nice if only it tracks 75 or so miles farther south than that storm. That would make lots of us very happy I think.

Wait.  Is this is a positive post from jshetley?  I'm confused.  I've never seen one before, so I'm not sure what standard to measure it against.  :blink:

Surprised there isn't much discussion about the clipper showing up for this time next week. Could be a decent snow maker with probably a widespread 1-3 inches for most on here than probably rain down here. 850s were cold enough here, but 2m temps were in the 40s. The way this winter has went though, it probably will end up as sprinkles or something stupid. That looks like the only thing of note for the next 10 days. You can stick a fork on the Thursday system outside of the mountains and Marietta's backyard :lol: :lol:.

The 18z NAVGEM is another bomb and a huge hit for the NC mountains. Probably snow-to-rain-to-snow here.

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/wxmap_cgi/cgi-bin/wxmap_all.cgi?type=prod&area=nvg_conus∏=850&dtg=2015011918&set=All

This model has never been right. If any other model is close to this, then you know that model was chillin with the NAVGEM that afternoon getting drunk and high for its run at 00z. If you want a bomb to occur, you don't want the NAVGEM to be showing a boom.

This model has never been right. If any other model is close to this, then you know that model was chillin with the NAVGEM that afternoon getting drunk and high for its run at 00z. If you want a bomb to occur, you don't want the NAVGEM to be showing a boom.

The NAVGEM is not the only one showing this though.  It's pretty much GFS versus every other model.  I like my chances.

Second to 93 imby. I live near the dark red speck down nc 226 got 14.5 good ole heavy wet snow.....ahh the good ole days lol

Even though mby netted 2 solid off this one, in central eastern Rutherford, it was a very frustrating storm. Frustrating due to the large split in totals across my county.

However, I would take it in a heart beat again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm torn between starting a storm thread and looking at the weeklies. What should I do?

Start a storm thread. It'll be more fun. We don't usually have a Big Wet thread in the winter.

Besides, the Weeklies are like one of those holographic-type pictures where if you look at the age fr the left, it looks red. And if you look at it fr the right, it looks blue. Pack must have been standing on the right side.

Archived