joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong... Greg O'fficial is one of the biggest snow weenie met there is.

Yeah I don't know how Brick doesn't know this living in Wake Forest this long. Greg is such a :weenie: . I guess he doesn't remember his fountain dip.

http://www.wral.com/weather/video/9637200/

"When Greg loses a bet, he pays and the viewers win. When Greg's prediction about snow was wrong, he sat in the WRAL fountain"

Boston's snowfall average in January is only 12" while they average 3.25" of liquid, so it appears they get as much rain as snow, and maybe more, in January.

Of course, I'm sure it's different in interior New England.

I'm sure the snowfall amounts increase a good bit for the western and northwestern suburbs of Boston. I bet most of Mass away from the coast gets more snow than rain in Jan.

As good as Seattle is, I don't think there's any way they beat the Patriots. I just have this feeling this is the Patriots year. Brady is probably on the verge of retirement and he knows this may be his last shot to win a Super Bowl. I think he gets another ring and retires. It's hard to believe that it's been TEN years since the Patriots last won the Super Bowl. 

As good as Seattle is, I don't think there's any way they beat the Patriots. I just have this feeling this is the Patriots year. Brady is probably on the verge of retirement and he knows this may be his last shot to win a Super Bowl. I think he gets another ring and retires.

Seattle gonna repeat, book it, kind of like no snow for Carrollton, guaranteed

Backloaded winter? Back loading cow sh&t to keep the grease , dumpster fire burning! Everybody looking for the moisture to creep north on the models? So what, we get .25 instead of .10, with temps near 40! That sounds like a winning combination! 38+ light rates= crap!

The clipper coming behind it will bring glory!

Hate to say it but this has been a terrible, boring winter so far.  Here's to hoping for a back-loaded season.

Right there with you.  With all the indicies and analog packages pointing toward a great winter it's certainly been one of the more frustrating winters I remember in the last 10 years.

It's winters like this where I wished I was still living in a pre-internet world. lol

Like you, I am also hoping for a back-loaded winter.  If that's going to happen though, it's going to have to start showing its hand pretty quickly.

I think we all just need to accept the fact that the STJ is finally going to get its act together in a couple of weeks, only to find the AO, NAO, and EPO all positive. Shetley will get his rain and plenty of it, and the best we'll do is be able to track a marginally cold rainstorm. The AO is going to wind up with a big time positive average for the winter, and nobody saw that coming. What a complete load of crap this winter is!

I think we all just need to accept the fact that the STJ is finally going to get its act together in a couple of weeks, only to find the AO, NAO, and EPO all positive. Shetley will get his rain and plenty of it, and the best we'll do is be able to track a marginally cold rainstorm. The AO is going to wind up with a big time positive average for the winter, and nobody saw that coming. What a complete load of crap this winter is!

No offense to the good Mets that posted their winter outlooks for this winter, but I'm going to completely ignore them from here on out.

I think if we never saw the forecast after forecast of an epic winter than we wouldn't have this reaction. It's a typical SE winter to me.

We will get a -AO for Feb.  It has to turn negative for longer than 2 days eventually...doesn't it.

No offense to the good Mets that posted their winter outlooks for this winter, but I'm going to completely ignore them from here on out.

I think if we never saw the forecast after forecast of an epic winter than we wouldn't have this reaction. It's a typical SE winter to me.

Yeah, we've been had this winter. I'll read them for fun, but it's going to be hard to give a seasonal forecast much more weight than a coin flip.

Archived