• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

mackerel_sky

As mentioned, everyone has their own personal grading scale. So far I give this winter a D. If it were significantly colder and still without any winter precip it would be an F. A wall to wall torch gets a C from me, because you can get out and do enjoyable things without freezing your butt off. Grades of A & B are reserved for those winters where the snow flies, and more than once.

I'm giving this winter a C. It really is average here. We have warmups and cool downs and thats pretty much the norm here. Very rarely will we get a week or two of straight out deep cold. I also have no heat at work so I prefer warm winters with a snowstorm that follows a warm period and then is followed by a big warmup.

The rain has been big this winter so far. The hunting club is more like a huge swamp right now and theres water everywhere. Even days after the rain we still have big puddles in the fields where they can't seem to dry out.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I give it a D-, the wet winter with the cool shots is just about as bad as it gets.  Cold/dry would be an F for me.  I would give a warm/dry winter a B as it would be much more enjoyable to be outside more.

Yeah, 11-12, although it was horrible in terms of cold and snow, was quite an enjoyable winter to me. 

Well, looks like there is potential for next Thursday and Friday for snow around here. Of course, we have had potential often this winter, but no wins yet from the players on the field. Maybe we can get a couple of inches of snow this winter to give the kids a snow day and a day off work.

The players have not been on the field together once this winter. There has been little to no potential all winter. These are fantasies created by delusional weather weenies.

The players have not been on the field together once this winter. There has been little to no potential all winter. These are fantasies created by delusional weather weenies.

I am talking about what we have seen on the models. Of course, the models have been awful outside 3 days. So, it could just be more smoke and mirrors.

Metallic, our gas prices did not move in about the last month! Holding at 1.70$-1.75$ a gallon. I figured it has just about bottomed out,and soon we will be hearing them give excuses for it going up like" spring formula gas is harder to make" " summer driving is coming" yadda, yadda! I've squirreled away about 50 gallons for this summers lawn activities!

Metallic, our gas prices did not move in about the last month! Holding at 1.70$-1.75$ a gallon. I figured it has just about bottomed out,and soon we will be hearing them give excuses for it going up like" spring formula gas is harder to make" " summer driving is coming" yadda, yadda! I've squirreled away about 50 gallons for this summers lawn activities!

Man those are some low prices! We got down to $1.93 at Kroger and luckily I have been getting 10 cents off that or more with the Kroger card. I must be saving over $100 a month compared to what it was before the price drop. Not bad!

Where is GaWa? I don't think I seen him post in a week or two? Has the winter of suck, finally broken him?

I'm sure he will be back if that snow threat for next week is still there in the 3-5 day time frame. If next week doesn't materialize and we somehow all have nothing this winter I will say it's worse than 2012. At least 2012 didn't tease us and we knew what we were getting.

Man those are some low prices! We got down to $1.93 at Kroger and luckily I have been getting 10 cents off that or more with the Kroger card. I must be saving over $100 a month compared to what it was before the price drop. Not bad!

Yes, I agree! I have a 20-21 gallon fuel tank in my truck and filling up from almost dry , to slam full for around 35$ is amazing!

The models have been hinting at storms for next week, especially next weekend, for a while now. The way they have been so inconsistent and changing from run to run, though, it's too far out to tell if it will be just rain or something wintry. The safe bet is rain based on how the winter has been so far.

Lol.

I'm feeling pretty good about the storm next week.  Support on multiple models.  How does the ensembles look?  If we play our cards right it could be a really good winter storm.  I'll take 2-4 and run.   Hell I'd prob be satisfied with an inch at this point.

I would be to, except for one thing.  We are in the midst of the Great Ponzi Winter of 2015.

Archived