joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like the models are still inconsistent outside of 3 days. It seems like we can't trust them. But they are showing that things are still possible. I don't think we will know what is going to happen until we get inside of 3 days. If it's not going to snow, I would rather it be warm. I hate cold and dry or cold and rainy. It's just miserable. But it seems like we still don't know what it is going to do. :)

It sounds like the models are still inconsistent outside of 3 days. It seems like we can't trust them. But they are showing that things are still possible. I don't think we will know what is going to happen until we get inside of 3 days. If it's not going to snow, I would rather it be warm. I hate cold and dry or cold and rainy. It's just miserable. But it seems like we still don't know what it is going to do. :)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

That about sums it up.

This is about as lame a discussion I've seen from the RAH office. This is in regards to the Sunday/Monday rain event. Doesn't even mention precipitation at all.

HIGH PRESSURE WILL MOVE OFF THE EAST COAST SUNDAY... AS A LOW
PRESSURE SYSTEM MOVES INTO THE OHIO VALLEY. SOUTHWESTERLY LOW LEVEL
FLOW... AND INCREASING THICKNESSES WILL BRING HIGHS A FEW DEGREES
WARMER ON SUNDAY... AROUND 50. COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH THE AREA
ON MONDAY. A STRONG PRESSURE GRADIENT WILL DEVELOP AS THE LOW
DEEPENS OFF THE MIDATLANTIC COAST... AND HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN TO
THE MIDWEST... LEADING TO BREEZY CONDITIONS MONDAY AFTERNOON. STRONG
COLD ADVECTION WILL OVERTAKE THE REGION DURING THIS TIME... LEADING
TO A LIKELY NONDIURNAL TEMPERATURE TREND... WITH TEMPS FALLING
THROUGH THE 40S DURING THE DAY.

This is good... they've got it all covered this time around!!!

Snow is in the forecast for Sunday night into Monday. This graphic shows the minimum and maximum snowfall that is possible for this event, along with our forecast (most likely). On the minimum side, we could see 1"- 2", on the max side, we could see 8"- 12", and finally, our forecast is for anywhere from 6" - 14" across the area.

Archived