joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ending out December with a Potential Pattern Change

CoastalWx

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah its only meaningful if your backyard gets smoked. You could get 12" in a KU but 24" in a stationary freak band in some other random storm...and you're going to look back on the larger one much more fondly than the

KU one.

February 5th 2001 is still my favorite storm of all time , I'm not sure where it is on the KU scale but the massive death band gave me 22 inches in 10 hours.

Something interesting developing on the short range HIRES models. A secondary area of precip develops over CNE and tries to dig southeastward clipping Cape Cod on the way out, its associated with the H5 energy vort max that runs through the South Coast.

If a few backlash snow showers fires you up than go for it.

Eh, people get excited though.

I take pride in my obs, my reports are within an inch of every one around me. I recorded on here with pictures to prove it of 8 inches in one hour in Jan 11. I have no qualms with my measurements in Bethel. Extremely high ratio dump. We topped 40 inches at the elevation we were staying.419256b4.jpg

I take pride in my obs, my reports are within an inch of every one around me. I recorded on here with pictures to prove it of 8 inches in one hour in Jan 11. I have no qualms with my measurements in Bethel. Extremely high ratio dump. We topped 40 inches at the elevation we were staying.

I believe you Steve. I've always stated what is gained to lie about something that means absolutely nothing. This is a thread of pattern change?

Sure does look sweet. I'd better enjoy the next few weeks. Could be my last winter for a long time to come, serious consideration to moving to FL. 

whatever,**** we had multiple reports of 6-8 in CT in Feb 13 in a half hour.

Ginxy, I remember it well, Ryan came on the air in Feb of 13 and said that it was snowing at 6 inches per hour, not 6 inches per half hour. And I remember him saying it will probably be the heaviest snow you will ever see. He likened it to the heaviest lake effect snow out by the lakes. I have never heard of 6-8 inches in a half hour in my life. Maybe we can ask Ryan to comment on it if he can? Not calling you a liar, just saying I never heard of anything that extreme in CT.

Ginxy, I remember it well, Ryan came on the air in Feb of 13 and said that it was snowing at 6 inches per hour, not 6 inches per half hour. And I remember him saying it will probably be the heaviest snow you will ever see. He likened it to the heaviest lake effect snow out by the lakes. I have never heard of 6-8 inches in a half hour in my life. Maybe we can ask Ryan to comment on it if he can? Not calling you a liar, just saying I never heard of anything that extreme in CT.

have to check but thought that was said, I have zero doubt about Jan 11 and you can check that here

Archived