• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Ending out December with a Potential Pattern Change

CoastalWx

They look good...Hudson Bay PV and AK ridge...pretty active pattern it looks like too and plenty of cold. Looks like somewhat of an east-based -NAO late in the period...which would be good with the way the PAC is.

Are these the ten day outlooks? Pattern change seems realish then. (No sarcasm implied)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z EURO lost the cutter idea for the 27th/28th and instead has a 1007 over LI at hour 186 to a 1002 just east of OGT ME at hour 192 , NNE is cold enough for advisory/low end warning snows and would be rain to a little snow on the end(for most) for SNE. GFS sort of hinted at that little wave of moisture, but it's a much bigger deal on the EURO than it is on the GFS which struggles to give anywhere over 0.1" QPF(it's also much further south with it).

12z EURO lost the cutter idea for the 27th/28th and instead has a 1007 over LI at hour 186 to a 1002 just east of OGT ME at hour 192 , NNE is cold enough for advisory/low end warning snows and would be rain to a little snow on the end(for most) for SNE. GFS sort of hinted at that little wave of moisture, but it's a much bigger deal on the EURO than it is on the GFS which struggles to give anywhere over 0.1" QPF(it's also much further south with it).

It's way out there, but that solution looks a little weird to me. Not that it's worth much discussion anyways.

Good luck Maine on the Euro...2-5" of rainfall for NH/ME in under 24 hours, yikes. Makes the 1-2" in VT seem paltry, lol...not going to be pretty either here, but there's going to be some flood threats especially in GYX's CWA.

Just torches the bases up there..probably forces trail closures in some places.. Sucks ..but at least there's a light at end of rain /dew shaft

Man that sucks. That storm is going to ruin what I wanted to do after Christmas up north. Who would have thought the fooking snowpack would be better after Thanksgiving instead of Christmas . The month sucks hard.

You aint kidding...I have plans to head to Northern Maine(far Northern Aroostook county in the St John Valley) the day after Xmas to Snowmobile, and even they have rain in the forecast up there and 35-40 degrees on Xmas Day!! What really sucks, is that as of now, they are in good shape with the 10-12 inches the area received on Wed/Thur this week, and this Grinch Crap is going to ruin everything for everybody!!

Usually they escape the rains being so far North, but it doesn't look that way this time!! What a frieken Bummer. I know what the ski people are going through too...sucks big time for them too.

Man that sucks. That storm is going to ruin what I wanted to do after Christmas up north. Who would have thought the fooking snowpack would be better after Thanksgiving instead of Christmas . The month sucks hard.

Complete and total debacle. Nothing like having 3 kids on a 2-week holiday vacation with nothing but mud outside.

euro ens are sort of so-so today. probably active...but hmmmmm...

Looks like a gradient pattern with a -EPO and a SE ridge in the LR, I'd think we could work with it. I'll roll the dice with having some cold air around and storm chances, sure some will probably be more wet than white, but I think with that look we'd be able to get some nice events in. Not a KU pattern, but a nice look none the less.

Retro AK ridge?

it holds its own overall...kind of flattens a bit at the end but still there.

just the PV starts to lift N and is fairly strong - devils in the details obviously. don't want it too far south, but don't want it so far north that anything ejecting out of the southern plains around that SE ridge just rides over 'freaks head. 

it holds its own overall...kind of flattens a bit at the end but still there.

just the PV starts to lift N and is fairly strong - devils in the details obviously. don't want it too far south, but don't want it so far north that anything ejecting out of the southern plains around that SE ridge just rides over 'freaks head. 

feel like it's one of those patterns, as modeled there, that could go either way really. region could cash in if you've got well-timed disturbances and enough antecedent cold to fight cutters...or you could see strong lows eject from the plains and run NNE with such limited blocking

feel like it's one of those patterns, as modeled there, that could go either way really. region could cash in if you've got well-timed disturbances and enough antecedent cold to fight cutters...or you could see strong lows eject from the plains and run NNE with such limited blocking

I feel like the relaxation signal is getting stronger but in that relaxation period perhaps we can cash in.

Archived