northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Ending out December with a Potential Pattern Change

CoastalWx

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the people antsy now will be smiling NYD.

Never been in doubt as far as I'm concerned.....funny how you put out an outlook explicitly indicating in no uncertain terms that December will be "tepid" at best, but to be patient because the season will take off around xmas or shortly thereafter, people read it and give you props....ostensibly having read, and comprehended it, yet panic ensues once your December thoughts come to fruition.

There are many parallels to 1977-'78...including, as I mentioned last night, the GL triple phaser, though it came a month later that season.

I was torn between 1976-'77 and 1977-'78 heading into this season, but its become pretty clear over the course of the last two weeks which one has emerged as the more viable analog.

yea my bad I had 76-77 on my mind all fall but that shat the bed in Dec

Steve, the two were neck-and-neck, so don't beat yourself up.

There are many parallels to 1977-'78...including, as I mentioned last night, the GL triple phaser, though it came a month later that season.

I was torn between 1976-'77 and 1977-'78 heading into this season, but its become pretty clear over the course of the last two weeks which one has emerged as the more viable analog.

man that would be great sans the complete shutdown post Feb 6 th

Jan 78 is my #1 underrated storm of all time and by far the most positive bust I ever had. I was living in the snow hole then and it was up to that morning expected to harmlessly pass OTS. 20 inches later

I had a lady cutting my hair a few years ago telling me about that storm..lol. I couldn't believe she remembered.

Hi everyone, I just joined, I am not a meteorologist. I enjoy winter weather, in fact we do snowplowing/snow removal in southern New Hampshire. This thread caught my eye, I plowed during the thanksgiving storm I would say 8-10" total, and half my city without power!(thank god for backup generator...wife pulled off a good thanksgiving meal!)

I'm just wondering after the "rain" scheduled for Christmas eve, are most of you "pretty" sure the cold and snow will return? I know nothing about computer models, etc,but the past few days I enjoy reading your opinions, that why I decided to join. Thanks ahead of time.

I had a lady cutting my hair a few years ago telling me about that storm..lol. I couldn't believe she remembered.

My dad rest his soul answered me when I said this was the best storm ever with a no March 1960 was better,lol then after Feb ,well I never thought I'd say this but that was the best storm of my life. Funny thing is March 1960 is my first life memory in his arms at our new house looking out the window at blowing snow.

Hi everyone, I just joined, I am not a meteorologist. I enjoy winter weather, in fact we do snowplowing/snow removal in southern New Hampshire. This thread caught my eye, I plowed during the thanksgiving storm I would say 8-10" total, and half my city without power!(thank god for backup generator...wife pulled off a good thanksgiving meal!)

I'm just wondering after the "rain" scheduled for Christmas eve, are most of you "pretty" sure the cold and snow will return? I know nothing about computer models, etc,but the past few days I enjoy reading your opinions, that why I decided to join. Thanks ahead of time.

Welcome aboard which town? Put it in your profile, and stayed tuned on post Christmas, too early for definition, let's see what that big boy does to the flow. Definitely colder for a few days post storm.

My dad rest his soul answered me when I said this was the best storm ever with a no March 1960 was better,lol then after Feb ,well I never thought I'd say this but that was the best storm of my life. Funny thing is March 1960 is my first life memory in his arms at our new house looking out the window at blowing snow.

Good memories, Steve.

"This usually results in 2-3 storms that are a mix and even rain if the storms cut west. These are your "transition" storms. Sometimes they slide out south of SNE and can result in a more wintry pattern, but my guess is that we may get 2-3 storms that perhaps aren't pretty until maybe the 26-28 or so."

Read more, post less.

"This usually results in 2-3 storms that are a mix and even rain if the storms cut west. These are your "transition" storms. Sometimes they slide out south of SNE and can result in a more wintry pattern, but my guess is that we may get 2-3 storms that perhaps aren't pretty until maybe the 26-28 or so."

Read more, post less.

nailed it

Read more, post less.

doesnt appear to be anything but rain through this period and beyond.  How is that pretty?   You aren't worried about the SE ridge and cutters?

Archived