Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Ending out December with a Potential Pattern Change

CoastalWx

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at the 500 mb pattern and Canadian temperatures. Good enough for me. I could give a crap if there is no qpf north of nc on an op gfs run. The point is it was the anti pattern relaxation.

Yup, but it also shows it can be an awesome pattern and still easily flop on its face.

Hence the feet and feet of meltdowns with each storm in a train of storms that miss in every way imaginable.

The EC ensembles didn't look too concerning to me anyways. I do see where it could relax briefly.  I mean, I did mention a few times that we could have overrunning events which introdce ptype issue. That was the SE ridge thinking popping into my head.  But, that's some serious cold in Canada so hopefully we can utilize that. 

There is definitely some struggling with the blocking. I took a look athr 300 on the 00z EC ensembles vs hr 288 on the 12z and the 12z was stronger with the EPO, better -NAO too and colder across the conus. Granted that could change, but that was a nice look at that time. The ensemble clusters also are in a bit of a disagreement regarding the SE ridge. But I guess overall I don't see the -EPO breaking down which is good.

There is definitely some struggling with the blocking. I took a look athr 300 on the 00z EC ensembles vs hr 288 on the 12z and the 12z was stronger with the EPO, better -NAO too and colder across the conus. Granted that could change, but that was a nice look at that time. The ensemble clusters also are in a bit of a disagreement regarding the SE ridge. But I guess overall I don't see the -EPO breaking down which is good.

Yea I didn't see what Phil saw at all.

Yea I didn't see what Phil saw at all.

I do see what he sees. I don't think he said it was bad, he mentioned how it could work against us and I don't disagree. It looks like almost some sort of a SWFE at the end and then more cold perhaps after it leaves. All I am saying is that it looks decent to me. 

Archived