Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 9-10 storm threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would you care who jackpots?wheter it's Maine or the Poconos? You're all getting snow while most posters here rot under a rainstorm in mid December.

I don't care about jackpots, I am talking about Northern Maine, This storm should allow a lot of these projects up here to open up trails, Northern Maine is an area that i frequent often in the winter and over towards the ski areas, To make a statement that who cares there a lot that ski on this board that frequent those resorts so many do care

Can't stress enough how anamolous this evolution is. Obvious model issues. Totally impressive block.

I don't think there is much blocking at all...it just gets completely cut off from the main polar jet which is why it sits there and spins.

I don't care about jackpots, I am talking about Northern Maine, This storm should allow a lot of these projects up here to open up trails, Northern Maine is an area that i frequent often in the winter and over towards the ski areas, To make a statement that who cares there a lot that ski on this board that frequent those resorts so many do care

My point was who cares who jackpots.. And instead of answering me he pulls that crap without answering the weather question. Seriously.. Do you guys up north care that much about getting more than the Poconos?

My point was who cares who jackpots.. And instead of answering me he pulls that crap without answering the weather question. Seriously.. Do you guys up north care that much about getting more than the Poconos?

Stop spinning like usual.

You said "you need to be in the Poconos to get 2-3 feet of snow, not the NNE mountains", and I responded that the mountains in Maine get hammered with that much this run...then you  said "who cares" and spun into this jackpot fetish when I responded that many people care. I didn't even mention the word jackpot once.

What a crushing from Milinocket north on that run

I'm sure we could congratulate one or two people there from the NNE thread.

MPM will be in full Debbie mode after his modest front end thump washes away and he is too far W for the backlash.

I'll be in IA so I won't be bummed to miss rain.  In fact, I hope there's enough of it to wash the meager front-end off the driveway for when I come home Thursday afternoon.

I am a little confused about how all of this will progress.  If we take the Euro, which has been fairly consistent, would this mean a front end dump up here and in GC and over towards Jeff, and then a dry slot, or a bunch of rain?  And then when the next low develops would that be snow?  And what would the airmass be like for storms 3 and 4

Dacks jackpot? Interesting.....

Well they do real well on a NE wind at H85...real well. That to them is like a SE flow to Sunday River. That's why Whiteface got 3 feet on Memorial Day a couple years ago...prolonged NE flow. It's not even SLK as much but those eastern high peaks would get absolutely slaughtered in that ECMWF solution.

I am a little confused about how all of this will progress. If we take the Euro, which has been fairly consistent, would this mean a front end dump up here and in GC and over towards Jeff, and then a dry slot, or a bunch of rain? And then when the next low develops would that be snow? And what would the airmass be like for storms 3 and 4

Everything was so vague it ends up in mass confusion.

I am a little confused about how all of this will progress.  If we take the Euro, which has been fairly consistent, would this mean a front end dump up here and in GC and over towards Jeff, and then a dry slot, or a bunch of rain?  And then when the next low develops would that be snow?  And what would the airmass be like for storms 3 and 4

Front end snows (some rain?) from the first system...then we dryslot and get some -SHRA/DZ. A new low reforms off the triple point further east and then that backs in somewhere over the region. Then the ULL meanders for almost a week along the east coast. Good luck figuring out how exactly this evolves.

Can one of the mets explain what a "trowal" is? From the met discussions here seems like this is going to be an interesting storm to follow no matter what happens.

TROWAL is an acronym for "trough of warm air aloft"

I've been lazy explaining things lately so I just let Haby Hints do it. Just scroll down to the TROWAL section.

http://www.theweatherprediction.com/weatherpapers/023/

Front end snows (some rain?) from the first system...then we dryslot and get some -SHRA/DZ. A new low reforms off the triple point further east and then that backs in somewhere over the region. Then the ULL meanders for almost a week along the east coast. Good luck figuring out how exactly this evolves.

We will have to see if HPC is as robust with their afternoon update, but 8-12 inches of cement with drizzle to follow would keep our pack.  Looks like strong HP to our north 1044? on Tuesday.  It is out east on Wednesday but I would think that would leave some cold behind for a bit longer than projected.  Would be nice if some high pressure could build to our north as the ULL wanders around.  Then it is mid month and we shall see if we actually get a warm up.  I'm not convinced we get anything beyond a 2 or 3 day spike.

Helluva way to run a normal to above boring first half of December.

Archived