• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 9-10 storm threat

ORH_wxman

Round 2 could actually give CNE/SNE a decent dose depending on exactly how that CCB curls down on the SW side of the low. It's got some dynamics to it, so it isn't totally negligible "decaying" precip.

The backlash/CCB redeveloping has always been the best shot for accumulating snow for the areas outside NNE.

seems to be something the Euro has had for several runs

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a strange direction for backlash. We'll need a good established TROWAL. I'd rather see the low stall near ME for any backlash I think.

It does travel through PWM on this run...though I agree, having it stall there would be better..as it travels west, our flow becomes more W which can help inhibit precip...though if dynamics in the TROWAL are good enough, it wouldn't matter (we saw this with NYC in the 2/25/10 storm)

It does travel through PWM on this run...though I agree, having it stall there would be better..as it travels west, our flow becomes more W which can help inhibit precip...though if dynamics in the TROWAL are good enough, it wouldn't matter (we saw this with NYC in the 2/25/10 storm)

Yeah a good closed H5 low would help do that. That depiction kind of makes me cautious with that, but it only takes one of those formidable occluded bands to dump a few inches easily where they remain stationary.

Archived