Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 9-10 storm threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's some east versus west cutoff on the NAM. Reminds me a lot of the Feb 25, 2010 storm. 850 line aligned from NYC to DDH to far northern NH at the height of it.

In 2010 I had snow all day and the relatively stationary R-S line sat 10 miles east of me for hours.

I wouldn't mention a NAM at 84 hrs, except that its really fallen into line with the two European models now.

Maybe the inversion is too low again for a high wind damaging event on Cape Cod, MA.  Twisterdata.com GFS and NAM information shows a 70-80 knot 925mb low level jet encompassing the region by 00z Wednesday from the NAM, while the 18z GFS shows 50-60knot winds.  I just want either a snowstorm or wind event to occur, I could do without the rain if I can get the wind, it won't matter.

At 84 hours on the NAM ...NE is dry slotted in any event. Whatever happened has happened in terms of a front end and the deformation is in NY State, and may even shift west of me for awhile into central NY, but the southern end of it is pivoting back on toward southwest CT in classic fashion. BTV could be dry slotted while BDR has snow.

Maybe the inversion is too low again for a high wind damaging event on Cape Cod, MA.  Twisterdata.com GFS and NAM information shows a 70-80 knot 925mb low level jet encompassing the region by 00z Wednesday from the NAM, while the 18z GFS shows 50-60knot winds.  I just want either a snowstorm or wind event to occur, I could do without the rain if I can get the wind, it won't matter.

That's some east versus west cutoff on the NAM. Reminds me a lot of the Feb 25, 2010 storm. 850 line aligned from NYC to DDH to far northern NH at the height of it.

In 2010 I had snow all day and the relatively stationary R-S line sat 10 miles east of me for hours.

I wouldn't mention a NAM at 84 hrs, except that its really fallen into line with the two European models now.

I didn't like you that day as I was wet in Queensbury while you pounded to my South

The cutoff for all snow was just west of Rotterdam I guess..maybe Rotterdam Junction.

My sister lives in Duanesburg, 5 miles west of the Thruway and I-88 junction and she had three feet on the ground. Whats that maybe 5 miles and two feet difference.  LOL

I had about your longitude in that one (Rotterdam - slightly east maybe) and waffled all day.  Painful, but it was awesome to watch unfold.

We don't have much margin for error here in ENY. I think we'll get front ended pretty good, but if it shifts any more west we'll mix over to something and dry slot while Central NY is pounded with deformation.

I don't know which location to ride this one out in.....Could be moot if it trends any further West

Archived