• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 9-10 storm threat

ORH_wxman

BOX's AFD is a downer for snow.  Their forecast for GC looks like it's pretty wet at this point, but it does talk about some accumulation.  Not as good as last night's which had no reference to rain.

What's the take on the EC ensembles?

Monday Night: Snow likely. Light snow accumulation possible. Not as cool with lows in the lower 20s. Northeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent.

Tuesday: Snow and rain. Additional moderate snow accumulation. Not as cool with highs in the mid 30s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph...increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Tuesday Night: Snow and rain. Brisk and not as cool. Near steady temperature in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Wednesday: Rain and snow showers likely. Near steady temperature in the mid 30s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Wednesday Night: Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Lows in the upper 20s.

Thursday: Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Near steady temperature in the lower 30s.

Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Near steady temperature in the upper 20s.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be much more comfortable if I were up another 1000 ft in elevation... the evolution here is very reminiscent of the February 2010 cyclones that occluded and dumped an incredible amount of elevation snowfall in the Catskills and Adirondacks, but very little in the valley. Don't think sleet or freezing rain will be a significant concern with this event since the surface low will be vertically stacked, meaning little chance of a substantial cold layer to allow substantial sleet accumulation. Probably elevation dependent rain or snow and not much other frozen precip.

Looks more like that as we get closer, oceans of qpf with near isothermal temps zero to 1C up thru h7.  Slushy mashed potatoes, here we come.

Looks more like that as we get closer, oceans of qpf with near isothermal temps zero to 1C up thru h7. Slushy mashed potatoes, here we come.

Some of those hilltops away from the Sandy River could do OK. My uncle lives on the hill on 41 in Vienna and says he often does better than Farmington Falls in marginal set ups.

NWS Albany seems to think you might get quite a bit of snow because their Zones immediately bordering you over the VT line and to your west are in the 10-14" and 14-18" categories. :) They depict less immediately along the CT valley in VT.

That was my take, but all I can see are the 24-hour intervals.  That requires a lot of (probably wrong) assumptions by me.

26.4/19

Well when I mentioned 1992 I was talking about how the low was closed off south of NE and the surface low doing the loop de loop and having the second redevelopment. I wasn't implying that it's origins were similar, obviously a very different pattern led to that.

I think Blizz has rubbed off on these 2
@SurfSkiWxMan: Fcst Rn, got Sn BOS MT @BigJoeBastardi Storm in a way reminds me of Dec 1992, dont think this will be as bad. Huge high to north was big key

Well when I mentioned 1992 I was talking about how the low was closed off south of NE and the surface low doing the loop de loop and having the second redevelopment. I wasn't implying that it's origins were similar, obviously a very different pattern led to that.

I can't recall your post. But for a big met and a big regional met to mention that in media...

Archived