12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Dec 9-10 storm threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still gotta be wary of an icing zone somewhere in Sne or CNE..Esp with any ticks east. Mid and upper levels may go mild ,but that low level cold is gonna be tough..Just gonna have to see where that zone sets up

I could see that with this solution

In 12 hours another wacky possibility might show

This is fun to watch. I would love to watch a loop like that

The more I look at this thing the more it almost resembles one of those cut-offs you get in west Atlantic/EC in early April, that look pretty awesome aloft but has a relatively weak surface appeal.  It cuts and spins and the surface pressure pattern opens up, even as the 500mb surface drops to 534dm in the mean. Usually the surface reflection deepens along with the mid level height falls (lowering pressure..).. But here, after the initial development it just sort of goes blahhh

There something missing here that's ...for lack of better word, disconnecting the mid level mechanics from the lower troposphere, and the more I look at it, I believe the attenuating horizontal thickness gradient is the problem; much like what takes place in spring. Deep aloft, but without stronger frontal slopes for focusing lift of restoring jets and all that jazz ... the attending cyclone is midland at best.  

Still a few  decent members thrown in there for northern ct and eastern and central interior mass on the EPS stamps but definitely few and far between. Definitely more spread on the Berkshires. Interior NE PA, Eastern and Central NY and most of interior CNE and NNE look pretty good although Southeastern areas are definitely living on the edge. 

BTV's long term AFD looks reasonable...can't get into details at this point.

.LONG TERM /TUESDAY THROUGH SATURDAY/...
AS OF 329 PM EST SATURDAY...STILL A LOT OF UNCERTAINTY IN REGARDS
TO THE TRACK OF A COASTAL LOW AND CLOSED UPPER LEVEL CIRCULATION
POISED TO AFFECT THE NORTH COUNTRY TUESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY NEXT
WEEK. LATEST GFS AND ECMWF CONTINUE TO BE AT ODDS WITH BOTH THE
TRACK OF THE SURFACE LOW...AND EXACTLY WHERE THE 500/700MB
CIRCULATIONS CLOSE OFF ALL PLAYING A LARGE ROLE INTO THE AMOUNT
AND TYPE OF PRECIPITATION WE`LL SEE. THE GFS REMAINS THE COLDER OF
BOTH SOLUTIONS...WITH SOME SUPPORT FROM THE CANADIAN GEM WHICH
WOULD OFFER A WIDESPREAD SNOWFALL OF SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS LATE
TUESDAY INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING...WHILE THE ECMWF INTRODUCES A WARM
NOSE AT 850MB DURING THE SAME TIME PERIOD WITH MIXED PRECIP MORE
LIKELY. TO BE HONEST...NOT GOING TO RELY ON EITHER SOLUTION AT
THIS POINT AND TAKE A GENERAL BLEND.
HOPEFULLY WE CAN IRON OUT THE
DETAILS WITH BETTER MODEL AGREEMENT TOMORROW.

BY WEDNESDAY MORNING BOTH SOLUTIONS OFFER SNOW AS THE PREDOMINATE
PRECIP TYPE WHICH LINGERS THROUGH FRIDAY WITH A STRONG BLOCK HIGH
UPSTREAM...BUT AGAIN DIFFERENCE THE PLACEMENT OF THE CLOSED UPPER
LEVEL FEATURES WILL DEPEND ON WHERE THE SNOW FALLS AND HOW MUCH.

BOTTOM LINE...THERE WILL BE A STORM. WHERE...WHEN...WHAT FALLS FROM
THE SKY? STAY TUNED.

I'm gonna go ahead a deviantly poke the hornets nest by asking why you guys probing with obsessive compulsion to find any possible reason to salvage a scenario you can't accept is a down-the-drainer 

ah hem ..

..have you not dug up the JMA!?   AAHAHHA.  j/k... seriously the recent model run of that thing is dream.  It's got like 20-30" of snow implied from NW CT to SE NH.  

It starts out at 72 hours with the 0C line at 850 S of LI.  At 96 hours, that isotherm has moved NW to about HFD to BOS... at 120 hours, it's collapse all the way down to the CC Canal.  

While all that is happening, the 500, 700, and 850 mb centers all deepen and move nearly collocated along a path from near the Del Marva to just SE of the Cape!   Utterly ... perfect.  No other words for that solution.  

Total QPF looks like ..I dunno. 2.5" of liq equiv or more, across the pan of SNE.   

I'm gonna go ahead a deviantly poke the hornets nest by asking why you guys probing with obsessive compulsion to find any possible reason to salvage a scenario you can't accept is a down-the-drainer 

ah hem ..

..have you not dug up the JMA!?   AAHAHHA.  j/k... seriously the model run of that thing is dream.  It's got like 20-30" of snow implied from NW CT to SE NH.  

It starts out at 72 hours with the 0C line at 850 S of LI.  At 96 hours, that isotherm has moved NW to about HFD to BOS... at 120 hours, it's collapse all the way down to the CC Canal.  

While all that is happening, the 500, 700, and 850 mb centers all deepen and move nearly collocated along a path from near the Del Marva to just SE of the Cape!   Utterly ... perfect.  No other words for that solution.  

Total QPF looks like ..I dunno. 2.5" of liq equiv or more, across the pan of SNE.   

JMA sniffed the storm itself out pretty early. Sounds like a pipe dream now but salivating while reading that post. 

You do realize everyone has been talking about CNE and NNE for wintery precip for like the past two days right?

I don't think anyone is trying to salvage anything...all the posts seem fairly reasonable for the areas that have been highlighted for greatest chance of wintery impact.

Archived