joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now before anyone interprets this as an endorsement of unscrupulous behavior with regards to ones interactions with the rest of society; it most assuredly is not. I believe that laws that are on the books are to obeyed and one should conduct oneself in a courteous fashion when dealing with people as a general rule.

However, this behavior cannot be taken to an extreme. If one is under siege, I believe a person is at liberty to respond in an appropriate manner to protect themselves within the parameters of the law. My father had a saying, "When someone ***** in your face, you do not smile and call it ice cream." Self preservation is the most basic of all instincts among members of the animal kingdom.

As for any witty verbal critiques he might direct towards posts whose intellectual value would be found wanting by most thinking people...well, I see nothing wrong with that...it is emblematic of our right to freely exchange and debate whatever is on our minds. Just because one puts some thought out into cyberspace does not automatically make it sacrosanct and immune from criticism.

Your sense of superiority is quite evident, you'll fit right in...

If anyone wonders why she's writing on a 'net message board at 10:22 PM on Christmas Eve...I've always been quick to acknowledge that I have no friends and no family...though I do have a few acquaintances amongst colleagues at work. In a way it is sad...in a way, I do not mind...having been a loner since seemingly time immemorial...you get used to it, I do believe.

Merry Christmas. Hope you have a nice holiday.

If anyone wonders why she's writing on a 'net message board at 10:22 PM on Christmas Eve...I've always been quick to acknowledge that I have no friends and no family...though I do have a few acquaintances amongst colleagues at work. In a way it is sad...in a way, I do not mind...having been a loner since seemingly time immemorial...you get used to it, I do believe.

This was sad to read, Pam. I feel for those with no friends, but to be without family... :(

The people at work always tell me "we are your friends"...I reply..."you are acquaintances...we laugh and joke around at work...but do you ever phone me to discuss a non business affair...do you ever invite me over for coffee and cake? No." They are collegial relationships but there is a bright line distinction between that and genuine friendship...relationships that basically only exist during the course of the workday...and I understand it, in many ways...since almost all of these people are married people with children and busy lives of their own.

I know how that is with the work relationships. I've come to find that many of the people that I've worked with have turned their backs on others, including me, for the sake of gossip. Many people are also friends when it is convenient. I've always considered a true friend to be someone that would not be so quick to believe something bad about you if they heard it and would back you up just because they trust you. In any case, I can say that although I am not very close with anyone on this forum, I am always hear to listen to what any of you may have to say and take it with an open mind. I know there are others here who feel the same. I wish you a Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Pammy!

If it helps even a little Merry Christmas.

The same to you and your family Edward...and to Snow / Ski also.

I've been fighting a bad head cold the past few days… plan on spending a quiet day at home with my wife. My sister-in law will be coming for dinner- not too fond of her!!! I'm also bummed out with this brutal pattern we're in, hopefully things turn around soon. Having said that, to everyone on this board have a very merry christmas, and a healthy and happy new year!!! :santa:

Merry Christmas everyone. I had to work yesterday and I will be working later tonight. I was lucky that I got out from work early enough yesterday to spend time with my gf and her family last night. It was a blessing. I was supposed to go in at 1pm today but they changed everyone's start time to 8pm so that makes this day even better. Enjoy this holiday everyone.

Merry Christmas everyone. I had to work yesterday and I will be working later tonight. I was lucky that I got out from work early enough yesterday to spend time with my gf and her family last night. It was a blessing. I was supposed to go in at 1pm today but they changed everyone's start time to 8pm so that makes this day even better. Enjoy this holiday everyone.

Merry Christmas Anthony, if the 0Z GFS shows a snowstorm for next week, you're taking off from work tonight... Deal?

NYC is going be +2 for the month after today . Going to have to be a very cold next couple of months for those calls of -2 to-3 below normal for winter

The well below calls are not looking good . Right now it looks to be cold for about 2 weeks after the 28th .  The Euro ensembles build the heights through Alaska , so we will get cold . However after that the JMA weeklies just obliterated the Neg  EPO after week 2 so not sure how big this window is .

May have to get while the gettin is good . Then again LR maps can change on the next run , so don`t take it to heart .

PBS says the 28th...

Forgive them they know not what they speak .  PARA GGEM say otherwise , snow wise .  Not sure why anyone is looking at the GFS since it`s getting replaced , but ok .

The Euro brings the cold and keeps the cold . There was never suppose to be snow on the ground through Christmas no one this board predicted that . Pattern change the 28th .

Means more than just Snow in ones backyard , check the NEG EPO , check your source region .

Merry Christmas Pam.

post-7472-0-45848400-1419525204_thumb.pn

post-7472-0-59653200-1419525216_thumb.pn

Merry Christmas all.

Pattern change on 28th in jeopardy. Period from 12/29-1/5 where I was honking for a snow event looks shot.

Winter cancel?

:cliff:

Whsr are you even talking about lol. Pattern is still going to change on the 28.Models still look good for a threat or two next week.

Archived