• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

Sometimes it is important to develop other interests in life; when one devotes too much time & energy to an endeavor that repeatedly brings them heartache and sorrow...it is often prudent to focus on some other activity...one that has a less deleterious impact on one's state of mind and emotional well being.

It's getting easier now. I'm coming towards the end of the winter weenie grieving process.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there was nothing good about those posts. bicker in this thread and not discussion threads

My first post apologized for bringing it up in that thread. I figured the mods would move it if there was a problem; I just wanted to show some context, but whatever. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one irritated by that bickering, but I'll keep quiet now.

Hard to believe mods are removing posts that are trying to improve NYC discussion. At least move them to banter so they are of some use. Shocked that the NYC forum has the reputation it does.

I have no problem with my complaint posts at PB being removed, as it means they took notice of the issues in that thread finally.

Going by that logic then you would have to admit most on here have been wrong numerous times. The models have been extremely difficult to gauge so I'll give those Mets and experienced amateurs a break.

agree 100 % and that was the point I was trying to get across in an earlier post........

We disco over differences that stem at our model choices .

There is no feud .

No Red Tag here. So take with a grain of salt.

But it's a weather board and opinions as long they are derived out of sensible reasoning makes the opinion worth considering.

If you don't like the opinion ignore it. If the opinion sucks and is wrong it will b etched here for all to see .

Happy Holidays.

Happy holidays everyone!

I'm really not too sure why so many people have a problem with Doorman's posts. Sure, they are made up of more model images than reasoning, but I find them pretty refreshing. He clearly has a sense of humor through it all, and his little jabs at PB or whoever else are definitely just playful. While he might get off the subject for a sentence or so at times , overall the posts do have a point to make. If you look at the New England forum, which I consider a very good one, you'll notice that even during play by plays and weather discussion, they joke around a lot of the time. The posts that really hurt our weather forum here are the ones that don't discuss the weather at all and are only made up of complaints. Lastly, Doorman's calls so far have not been half bad (unfortunately for us snow lovers!) Hopefully we'll get ours soon. I still feel as if this winter, though it might be remembered for lack of continuous cold and snow, will still give us all close to our average seasonal snowfall

We disco over differences that stem at our model choices .

There is no feud .

No Red Tag here. So take with a grain of salt.

But it's a weather board and opinions as long they are derived out of sensible reasoning makes the opinion worth considering.

If you don't like the opinion ignore it. If the opinion sucks and is wrong it will b etched here for all to see .

Happy Holidays.

My post had nothing to do with liking/ disliking an opinion. It's how the opinion is presented and the reasoning behind it that matters. Bickering about whether someone was right or wrong about a prediction is not really what I'm looking for when I check the current discussion. There has been plenty of that between you two and I just pointed it out. Admittedly, I should have done so in the banter thread.

You'd have to request or reach out to one of the lead mods (stormtracker I believe is one). I believe he gave two members of this forum some type of moderator functionality/power but not sure they are visible to us.

They aren't visible but it's easy to figure out and Randy won't tell anyone.

Archived