joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mods don't have to be impartial or likeable... they just have to be able to evenhandedly enforce board rules.

But don't evenhandedness & impartiality share the frontier? Both seem to hint at equity and equitable outcomes as their goals.

You can have innumerable prejudices and still act in accordance with any rules and standards, though.

Of course you can...though that presupposes that you make a conscious effort to not allow those biases to factor into any decisions you might make. 

“What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.” 

― Salman Rushdie

our board is being Whitewashed.....

Truth

I agree with those sentiments...but I also always bear in mind that my rights end at the edge of your nose. 

I was just thinking (I guess as opposed to not thinking?) and wondered.....what is more exciting and which would you prefer.....the models agreeing that we see 18-24" of snow 3 days out, only to shift north and leave us with 3" snow and slush....OR the models showing 1-3", but we end up with 5". Of course, if we didn't know of the potential of 18-24", we'd surely say "I'd take the 5" obviously". However, even if we come out on the side with less snow, does tracking it all make it worth it or more rewarding in a way? I'm still thinking about it. It also goes along with the example "would you rather follow a major 75-100" lake effect snow event through the computer and news, or have that not happen and get 2 or 3" in your backyard? Maybe it's a "glass half full? Or half empty?" type of thing. Or.....is the glass half full of emptiness?

.....and no, I have not been drinking anything other than tea/coffee/water ;)

I've been dealing with some more pressing matters the past couple of weeks, which has severely limited my time and resources on here.

Thanks to the mods that have stepped in from other regions, as well as the "black-ops" people, who have helped out.

If anyone thinks they've been treated unfairly during that time... well, you haven't.

I've been dealing with some more pressing matters the past couple of weeks, which has severely limited my time and resources on here.

Thanks to the mods that have stepped in from other regions, as well as the "black-ops" people, who have helped out.

If anyone thinks they've been treated unfairly during that time... well, you haven't.

Glad to see you back.  :)  Now go enjoy Christmas.  This will still be here on the 26th.

Since there is considerable truth to the cliché about nice guys finishing last...I would deem that a good thing.  Wimps are generally not successful in most areas of life. Being a pushover is nothing to take pride in. 

I prefer people who are appropriately nice when the situation calls for it and appropriately not so nice when the situation calls for that.

Being only nice or only not nice are two sides of the same failing coin. 

Hope everythings ok dude.

3.5 grams of meth or coke....... :stun:[/size] [/size]

........now that's a great american product ,right there   LOL

16.5 median FTW  

if we are  < 3  for the month

1033mb  Greenland  

http://www.opc.ncep.noaa.gov/UA/OPC_ATL.gif

this

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/44997-december-medlong-range-disco/?view=findpost&p=3206166

Now that's what I call an 8 Ball. You crack me up.

Archived