CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December obs/disco/short range

Ian

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure someone will record that as a trace.

Official guidelines state that you can record that as "T", but you should state that it melted on contact. The traces in my sig are such cases. Obviously "T" isn't measurable, therefore flurries could be considered a trace.

Also, ice accum. does not count as snow. Quite a few people count that as snow accumulation in their totals.

Some great stuff in here: http://cocorahs.org/media/docs/measuringSnow2.1.pdf

Official guidelines state that you can record that as "T", but you should state that it melted on contact. The traces in my sig are such cases. Obviously "T" isn't measurable, therefore flurries could be considered a trace.

Also, ice accum. does not count as snow. Quite a few people count that as snow accumulation in their totals.

Some great stuff in here: http://cocorahs.org/media/docs/measuringSnow2.1.pdf

Speaking of which...had about 10 minutes of a sprinkle/flurry thing going on about 45 minutes ago, just enough to get decks and cars wet then it quit.

I could list a "T" probably 60-70% of winter days.

Had a few flurries flying by in the gale winds yesterday in the 3 minutes I looked out front door at work.

Has anyone told you that it isn't winter yet?

39 at DCA. 2nd sub 40 high this winter.

Today wasn't too bad without the wind. Looks like WPC expects us to get about 1.5" of rain by Christmas. If that it isn't a sh!tty a$$ forecast for the days leading up to Christmas I don't know what is. I'd rather have 80 and sunny. 

Has anyone told you that it isn't winter yet?

Today wasn't too bad without the wind. Looks like WPC expects us to get about 1.5" of rain by Christmas. If that it isn't a sh!tty a$$ forecast for the days leading up to Christmas I don't know what is. I'd rather have 80 and sunny. 

Huh? Its been winter since December 1. Dont be talking that sun angle BS.

The worst. When I am warmer than DCA during this time of year, part of my soul dies. 

Don't worry. I was warmer than DCA yesterday (?), although not by much. I think DCA was 42F (maybe 43F), and I was 43F. Not sure how that happened lol, as generally I'm 6-8 degrees cooler.

Regardless, it's cold out. 32.8F on the water now.

Archived