• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Eve SECS/MECS Discussion II

gkrangers

Upton has increased snowfall amounts here, now on the border of 6-8". Looks accurate based on banding signature and temperatures staying a little colder than expected. ECM thermal profiles are going to win out over the GFS.

-SN

32.5/31

Wind: ENE

I have 2" here in Rivervale, doubt we eclipse 5, ratios are awful. I'm straddling the 6-8/8-10 on that new map but obviously I'm thinking less.

I would think same story for you but you have some elevation, I'd cap you at around 6.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything above +0.3" in November for NYC is a good month. I hope that they don't wait too long again to measure

so we don't ose some to melt like we saw in the past.

The one chance I can see for east of the city is if the banding over central NY and PA stays intact enough to swipe our area as it leaves. It should be cold enough at that point to at least have falling snow. Maybe that's what Upton is banking on. Other than that I don't see much hope for accums. Central Park might walk away with 1-2" given what's happened in that area so far.

The one chance I can see for east of the city is if the banding over central NY and PA stays intact enough to swipe our area as it leaves. It should be cold enough at that point to at least have falling snow. Maybe that's what Upton is banking on. Other than that I don't see much hope for accums. Central Park might walk away with 1-2" given what's happened in that area so far.

I wish that this was closing off so we could do a little better on the back end. But I will take a slushy coating

on the grass before things taper down tonight if we can get some frozen before the precip ends.

Upton has increased snowfall amounts here, now on the border of 6-8". Looks accurate based on banding signature and temperatures staying a little colder than expected. ECM thermal profiles are going to win out over the GFS.

-SN

32.5/31

Wind: ENE

According to this you should be pinging soon

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=DIX-N0C-1-24

Archived