gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS has minor interest at this time but after last weeks performance that's not saying to much at this juncture

Yeah the GFS was a huge steaming pile of doo-doo in the D5-6 range in the last event. It was whiffing out to sea.

This threat has some good support from non-GFS guidance. So I'm interested...but still fully recognize the timeframe involved. It could easily be a non-event outside of the mountains.

Yeah the GFS was a huge steaming pile of doo-doo in the D5-6 range in the last event. It was whiffing out to sea.

This threat has some good support from non-GFS guidance. So I'm interested...but still fully recognize the timeframe involved. It could easily be a non-event outside of the mountains.

And probably will be late again to the party, But the threat has some merit and just needs to be monitored for now, The way it has gone up here so far, We have been able to squeak out wintery events every way possible so far............ :)

EC ensembles are also balls cold at the sfc too for early next week threat. That's a pretty potent high...one reason we watch those Quebec highs so closely is they can often be under-modeled initially.

Too bad we're still 5+ days out. I'd like to get that depiction about 3 days out.

I'm thinking this has been getting some play in mass and social media. Numerous people have asked me about Monday

It's all over Twitter from what I've seen. I tweeted that the EURO/GGEM would suggest a storm and left it at that, but plenty of the weenieologists are tweeting snow maps and model maps in full force and the social media hype parade is starting up.

When you think about it, it's usually around this time that you start to see people talk about an event. Get it to tomorrow at 12z and you'll start to see media mentioning it tomorrow night I would think.

Even JB seems skeptical of the euro right now...I do like it during El Ninos and it did hit this last event but only 3...maybe 4 GFS ensembles at 144 hours support it.

If JB is skeptical then I am going all in on this storm(s).  That man has never met a modeled hurricane or blizzard he didn't like.  And if he suddenly doesn't like it, then it must be about to happen.

Archived