• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

Actually, it even gets BOS into the 20s as the storm is moving in with heavy snow, lol.

Quebec high FTW.

But again, just another solution in the many that we'll see. This is 5-6 days out.

I really wish the timing on this would shift for a Sunday afternoon/night start.  I'm going to be flying out a 7:00a.m. Monday through Thursday.  I'll miss all the fun, returning to heavy snow cover that gets blow-torched away a couple days after I land.

Based on area mesosites, my station must be iced.  It's still reading 32.3/32.  Icicles are still hanging from the grill and clinging to the trees, though, so it's still a little chilly.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a snowy euro run!

Yeah that's probably 12"+ for BOS between the two storms. That would make a crappy following week easier to swallow. :lol:

We'll hope it keeps trending cold...Quebec highs can be friendly to us. But it is fighting against an otherwise crappy pattern.

Yeah that's probably 12"+ for BOS between the two storms. That would make a crappy following week easier to swallow. :lol:

We'll hope it keeps trending cold...Quebec highs can be friendly to us. But it is fighting against an otherwise crappy pattern.

The pattern is awful but you got to admit it's quite exciting seeing these storms have so much moisture to work with. Thats why having an El Niño on your side doesn't hurt. We really needs things to turn around for the end of the month. If and when they do it could be quite an epic pattern going forward. Let's sneak in a big storm before the blowtorch commences in the 11-15 day period.

The pattern is awful but you got to admit it's quite exciting seeing these storms have so much moisture to work with. Thats why having an El Niño on your side doesn't hurt. We really needs things to turn around for the end of the month. If and when they do it could be quite an epic pattern going forward. Let's sneak in a big storm before the blowtorch commences in the 11-15 day period.

There's definitely some big upside in this setup...the timing will have to work out well and keep that high in a good spot...but yeah, the moisture fetch from this has higher ceiling potential than a fast mover, so if the cards break right, then it could be an exciting event.

It is still an uphill battle at the moment, but it's better to see it trending a bit colder than the other way around.

Anybody else see **similarities** to earl Dec 2003 here? I am NOT calling for the same outcome, but that was also a questionable pattern for a big snow event, and the month was classic warm nino-dec.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/NARR/2003/us1204.php

Anybody else see **similarities** to earl Dec 2003 here? I am NOT calling for the same outcome, but that was also a questionable pattern for a big snow event, and the month was classic warm nino-dec.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/NARR/2003/us1204.php

I had the same thought!

As I have been saying for days, models have no handle on the northern stream and arctic stream interactions over the Great Lakes.  GFS shows this energy diving southeastward near the eastern GRT Lakes, while the CMC and EURO have the energy digging west of the western Great Lakes, like more over the Midwest instead.  Anytime you have a spike in the +PNA domain, you have an above normal shot at a cold period with a chance for a snowstorm.

There's definitely some big upside in this setup...the timing will have to work out well and keep that high in a good spot...but yeah, the moisture fetch from this has higher ceiling potential than a fast mover, so if the cards break right, then it could be an exciting event.

It is still an uphill battle at the moment, but it's better to see it trending a bit colder than the other way around.

If we could ever get the low to start its crawl a bit further north.  If you have access to the Euro precip plots look at the precip shield that sits south of New England from Sunday morning till Monday afternoon.  If that shield were ever to sit over us instead this could become really fun.

LOL Will that's funny, of course it would spare us a warm up, but I'm not going to worry about that, I am keying in on the snowstorm potential we have the models trending towards, even the coastline gets in on the fun, but GFS shows what you don't want, however it has trended colder every run the past two days.

Archived