amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We like when synoptic events end with upslope events.

"The position and movement of the closed 7h/500 mb circulation off the European model (ecmwf) would support a significant precipitation event across our County Warning Area Monday into Tuesday...along with a prolong period of upslope snow on the backside for Tuesday into Wednesday...for the western slope/northern dacks. The prolonged upslope scenario is supported by the 12z GFS...but initial surface low pressure tracks too far east to advect significant quantitative precipitation forecast back into our County Warning Area. If the 00z or 12z Euro was to verify a heavy wet snow storm would be likely across most of the north country...with a prolonged backside upslope event."

lol, 41.2"

Congrats. :)

What's the best free site to see the EC on?  I use e-wall out of habit, but I suspect there may be better maps out there.

OT--something has really kept the cooler air locked in here.  I see a couple sites in southern VT and SNH with temps in the 31-33 range, but I'm the only one on the pdfamily site that is.  Sitting at 32.3/32.  I think it's legit based on the ice that's still covering the deck/grill/wood/wood and much of the lawn in spite of sporadic rain. 

Congrats. :)

What's the best free site to see the EC on?  I use e-wall out of habit, but I suspect there may be better maps out there.

OT--something has really kept the cooler air locked in here.  I see a couple sites in southern VT and SNH with temps in the 31-33 range, but I'm the only one on the pdfamily site that is.  Sitting at 32.3/32.  I think it's legit based on the ice that's still covering the deck/grill/wood/wood and much of the lawn in spite of sporadic rain. 

All the sites will have the same raw data(Except Wundermaps has some additional parameters, the site is a PITA to use though), but I'm a big fan of meteocentre's graphics.

The only advantage to the pay sites (worth it to me) is you get a lot more parameters and every 3-6 hours out to 360.

Some decent rain moved through late day today.

Thanks for the recommendations.  I think the 3-6 hour intervals are a key feature.  24-hour ones are like watching a time-lapse movie.

Thanks for the recommendations.  I think the 3-6 hour intervals are a key feature.  24-hour ones is like watching a time-lapse movie.

Yeah you really can't use the free EURO maps for forecasting purposes. Can be used to get a general idea of what an event looks like, but considering the missing timeframes and lack of info provided you need to either pay up for it or find a source(like here) where you can know what it's got.

GFS evolution still looks horrible next week if you like winter wx...the foreign guidance (GGEM/Euro) is really how you'd want it to develop. It's essentially a glorified clipper that tracks NW of us on the GFS.

Yeah that's a non-event on the GFS, haha.  Slight differences in impact between the EURO and GFS.

Archived