joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2014 Banter

North Balti Zen

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe you wouldn't think it's exciting then.

It happens.

I started tiring of the game when I was about 15, but I kept playing because I thrive on competition.  Playing at quite a high level nearly year-round for a long time made me sick of the game, and I fell out of love with it quickly, to the point that I started really disliking it.  I haven't gotten the love back since, and I can't see it happening again since soccer (a sport I've played for over 30 years) occupies probably 90% of my sporting interest.

I come from a family of baseball players, and they're all Phillies fans.  When I go home they expect me to contribute nothing of worth to any baseball conversations! :D

If ALCS game 1 is rained out, is that game moved to Sunday, or do they play that game Saturday and move the Saturday game to Sunday? It matters for ticket holders.

I'm sure there are sports message boards that would better know the answer....orioleshangout.com, for example. That said, Game 1 would be Saturday. Game 2, Sunday. All tickets would still be honored.

I'm sure there are sports message boards that would better know the answer....orioleshangout.com, for example. That said, Game 1 would be Saturday. Game 2, Sunday. All tickets would still be honored.

This is what I heard on the radio this morning as well.  

Why is a Yankees fan using "y'all?"

He's probably one of these Yankee fans (*coughcough*Mappy's husband*coughcough*) who has stepped foot in NYC maybe once or twice and finds some distant connection, i.e., my uncle's daddy's brother lived in NYC to justify Spanks fandom.  Jumped on the bandwagon of a winning team, etc...  It's why when you look at the national map of MLB team loyalties, Spanks fans are often 2nd or 3rd most abundant in almost every location in the country.   

He's probably one of these Yankee fans (*coughcough*Mappy's husband*coughcough*) who has stepped foot in NYC maybe once or twice and finds some distant connection, i.e., my uncle's daddy's brother lived in NYC to justify Spanks fandom. Jumped on the bandwagon of a winning team, etc... It's why when you look at the national map of MLB team loyalties, Spanks fans are often 2nd or 3rd most abundant in almost every location in the country.

I admit I lol'ed pretty hard. Not true of me, but does fit the bill in a lot of cases.

All the Spanks fans getting grumpy without their October dose of Jeets.  

tbh, I have lost interest in baseball, and all sports really; frankly, when I hear how much having ESPN and the other sports channels on cable tv costs that I never, ever watch, it only infuriates me

but rooting against the Orioles and for the Yankees all my life are old habits that will only slowly die

I'm from South Jersey and I still say "yas" (like "yuhz") where others say "y'all."  I've been down here for a long time and I haven't quite picked it up.

You need to warsh and arn yer shirt and head norf to ballmer and get edgemacaded bout talkin like a merliner.  Then head to the oreos game and be kerfull of the pohleese, am b'lances, and farengins.

Archived