joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2014

Rtd208

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fan year-round for me as well. I like the white noise and air circulation... got to about 55 in my bedroom last night, just blissful.

Geez I hate sleeping with the fan on. I have sinus problems as well which is probably the main reason, but after waking up having had the fan on all night I feel like I have a very bad cold with a really sore throat. Sometimes it goes away in a few hours, sometimes i actually develop a cold that lasts a week. AC, however, doesn't bother me one bit. I'm expecting it to dip down to around 50 tonight here in Essex county, NJ, so no AC. Moral of this story : Fans make me feel terrible:)

Sent from my iPhone

Where did you get this from?

Come again?

Geez I hate sleeping with the fan on. I have sinus problems as well which is probably the main reason, but after waking up having had the fan on all night I feel like I have a very bad cold with a really sore throat. Sometimes it goes away in a few hours, sometimes i actually develop a cold that lasts a week. AC, however, doesn't bother me one bit. I'm expecting it to dip down to around 50 tonight here in Essex county, NJ, so no AC. Moral of this story : Fans make me feel terrible:)

Sent from my iPhone

Hehe, other way around for me - AC often leaves me feeling cold-ish for a few hours after waking up while the fan has no effect. I suppose it all depends on the humidity.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/09/15/bright-fireball-streaks-across-mid-atlantic-northeast-sky-sunday-night/

Saw this last nite in Colts Neck , while watching TV I saw 1 quick flash off to my west . Dismissed it as a random lightning flash in the distance . 

We had a quick power surge last night but it wasn't at the late hour that this fireball was reported. It happened about 30 minutes or so after sunset and I heard a huge popping sound outside my building as I had my windows open. Wondering if it was related somehow as a precursor to this fireball. Someone actually got stuck in my elevator when we had the power surge.

We had a quick power surge last night but it wasn't at the late hour that this fireball was reported. It happened about 30 minutes or so after sunset and I heard a huge popping sound outside my building as I had my windows open. Wondering if it was related somehow as a precursor to this fireball. Someone actually got stuck in my elevator when we had the power surge.

I am going to rewind my cameras when I get home and see if I can grab it and drop it in here . 

Some signs on the long range modeling today that the borefest may be over in about 7-10 days. The 12z Euro digs a very deep trough in the east day 7 that eventually cuts off and sets up a high end precipitation event with temps stuck in the 50's.

If that's the case then our positive departures could come way down into the +1 range perhaps or maybe even lower. I looked at the gfs long range and I don't see a warm look for the rest of the month.

Archived