joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2014

Rtd208

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sept.  to finish with less than 1" in CPK?     Currently .74" with almost nothing showing for remainder of month!    I thought the analogs had a wet Sept. along EC.    Only as far as Cape Hatteras for above normal precip. so far.

Fewer than 10 Septs. since 1869 are under 1".

Sept.  to finish with less than 1" in CPK?     Currently .74" with almost nothing showing for remainder of month!    I thought the analogs had a wet Sept. along EC.    Only as far as Cape Hatteras for above normal precip. so far.

Fewer than 10 Septs. since 1869 are under 1".

Day 6 easily gets us  over the mark .

The Control is Strongest however the Ensembles and the operational show this as well .

post-7472-0-27500600-1410953691_thumb.pn

When did I say that?

Curios as to why you think it's such a dud? We've already had a landfalling CAT 2 Hurricane in NC, a close fish with Bertha, and MX landfalling TS with Dolly and September is statistically the most active month. Sure, it may not be a sexy season in terms of intense storms and high end US threats but we've had plenty of seasons more boring than this one.

When did I say that?

Curios as to why you think it's such a dud? We've already had a landfalling CAT 2 Hurricane in NC, a close fish with Bertha, and MX landfalling TS with Dolly and September is statistically the most active month. Sure, it may not be a sexy season in terms of intense storms and high end US threats but we've had plenty of seasons more boring than this one.

Everything I said was true. We've had five named storms so far, a landfalling Cat 2 and now a major. We've had plenty of less interesting seasons before, and we still have a good 8-10 weeks to go. Let's get that NAO to drop back down during October and take our chances.

We could possibly get a coastal late this coming weekend or early next week. The 12z GFS is well east but the 12z GGEM scrapes the coast and the 12z GEFS mean is coming in similar to the GGEM. The Euro had rain but it was more frontal. Just something to watch in this otherwise borefest.

Archived