amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
September 2014

Rtd208

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is potential out there, first the system near the Bahamas getting wrapped up in the front followed by the system behind 91L, soon to be TS Edouard.

2014 Atlantic Tropical Thread has to be the worst one i've ever read, constant pessimism without reasoning and just bad posts overall and when stuff actually spins up no one ever says anything or they call it a fish storm.

Btw, the Low Pressure south of Bermuda is a Hurricane interacting with the front, looks pretty interesting.

There is potential out there, first the system near the Bahamas getting wrapped up in the front followed by the system behind 91L, soon to be TS Edouard.

2014 Atlantic Tropical Thread has to be the worst one i've ever read, constant pessimism without reasoning and just bad posts overall and when stuff actually spins up no one ever says anything or they call it a fish storm.

Btw, the Low Pressure south of Bermuda is a Hurricane interacting with the front, looks pretty interesting.

Ground Scouring or whatever his name is is the worst. It's equivlent to a certain poster here that constantly whines about LI getting shafted by thunderstorms.

Some of the main thread tropical posters have become so snobby that they aren't interested unless a major hurricane is striking in the deep tropics. They would find a cat 4 hitting Cuba more interesting than a Cat 3 hitting NC.

Ground Scouring or whatever his name is is the worst. It's equivlent to a certain poster here that constantly whines about LI getting shafted by thunderstorms.

Some of the main thread tropical posters have become so snobby that they aren't interested unless a major hurricane is striking in the deep tropics. They would find a cat 4 hitting Cuba more interesting than a Cat 3 hitting NC.

Add NHC to the list as well, Lol.

12z Euro says hope you like easterly component  winds. I wonder what the record for the number

of some easterly component wind days is here for August and September? Central Park is

going to keep beating LGA with the sea breeze there.

I'm  not sure what the record for August to September is but back in late October into November 1977 had over ten days of Northeast winds that ended with a deluge in November...

I'm  not sure what the record for August to September is but back in late October into November 1977 had over ten days of Northeast winds that ended with a deluge in November...

Here's the days at LGA since 8-1:

8-1...SSE

8-2...ENE

8-3...ENE

8-4...SSE

8-10.SE

8-11.SE

8-12.SE

8-13.SE

8-19.ENE

8-20.SE

8-22.SE

8-23.ENE

8-24.ENE

8-25.ENE

8-26.SSE

8-27.SSE

8-29.SE

8-30.SE

9-5..SSE

9-7..NE

9-8..E

9-9..NE

9-10.NE

Here's the days at LGA since 8-1:

8-1...SSE

8-2...ENE

8-3...ENE

8-4...SSE

8-10.SE

8-11.SE

8-12.SE

8-13.SE

8-19.ENE

8-20.SE

8-22.SE

8-23.ENE

8-24.ENE

8-25.ENE

8-26.SSE

8-27.SSE

8-29.SE

8-30.SE

9-5..SSE

9-7..NE

9-8..E

9-9..NE

9-10.NE

I mentioned  some days back how I never remember seeing so many days with some type of easterly wind during the warm months.

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RAPID CITY SD
648 AM MDT THU SEP 11 2014

...RECORD DAILY SNOWFALL AND EARLIEST MEASURABLE SNOWFALL ON RECORD
AT EAST RAPID CITY SD...

A RECORD DAILY SNOWFALL OF 0.9 INCHES HAS FALLEN SO FAR TODAY AT
EAST RAPID CITY SD. THIS IS THE EARLIEST MEASURABLE SNOWFALL FOR A
SEASON AT EAST RAPID CITY SD...BREAKING THE PREVIOUS RECORD OF
SEPTEMBER 13 1970. THIS PRODUCT WILL BE UPDATED LATER TODAY IF THERE
IS ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATION.

Good luck with any noreaster in this dry pattern-we can't even get it to rain from a cold frontal passage.

We're undergoing a pattern change. Wave lengths are increasing, the northern stream jet is starting to drop further south. We're going to be talking about synoptic mesoscale systems rathern than pure convection which is always a crap shoot. At the temperature gradient increases over the next few weeks, model scores will improve thanks to baroclinic zones which are largely absent during the warm season.

The JMA winter forecast is out and it's going with another big -EPO winter.

I would like to see how the actual October pattern plays out first. Last

October featured the strong -EPO which correctly forecast the winter -EPO.

attachicon.gifY201409.D0300.png

I also look at storm tracks in October, as that often depicts how the winter will turn out.

Archived