• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
September 2014

Rtd208

The 12z Euro out to 42hr really drenches Southern New Jersey with not much rain getting

further north than Monmouth CO.

Looks more wet for SE NJ out to 45hr. Fairly sharp cut-off to the NW for anything significant.

Heavy rain diminishes for SE NJ after 45hr. The low opens up and turns almost due east, off the Delmarva.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About 75 miles further north than the 00z run.

Dry air is still winning out up here, especially north of Philly.

I've been keeping a close eye on the HRRR which has been consistently showing the rain hitting a brick wall around CNJ.

Reminiscent of our March 'snowstorms'

Looks more wet for SE NJ out to 45hr. Fairly sharp cut-off to the NW for anything significant.

Heavy rain diminishes for SE NJ after 45hr. The low opens up and turns almost due east, off the Delmarva.

It looks like that it will come down to the strength of the high to the north. These easterly flow days have really

been dominating especially since the beginning of August. The high pressure has been very strong to our NE.

The cool shot will be highly moderated and only last from about the 14th-18th before warmer than normal air begins to rebuild once again. WAR should retrograde back westward w/ the mean trough shifting into the U-MW for late September. Overall, the next few weeks should not be predominately cool in the East. I anticipate most days to be near average or warmer than normal, with the late September regime probably continuing into October (at least early). Of course, some may disagree with the aforementioned assertions, but I believe the analogs and near term drivers to be highly supportive of a normal-warmer than normal regime for the better part of the next 3-4 weeks.

I hope this warm September does not ruin our prospects for a great winter. I remember last September being much cooler than what this September is projected to be like. Last September, we never got out of the 60s for highs for several days. If we do not get below 70*F at all this September for a high, I think we are doomed for the winter IMO.

I hope this warm September does not ruin our prospects for a great winter. I remember last September being much cooler than what this September is projected to be like. Last September, we never got out of the 60s for highs for several days. If we do not get below 70*F at all this September for a high, I think we are doomed for the winter IMO.

The correlation between September temperatures and the ensuing winter is essentially nil, so no reason to worry about this month.

The models continue the August pattern for the next week or two of plenty of onshore flow.

No real extremes of heat or cold on average as the onshore flow moderates both the high

and low temperature potential. Looking like very typical early fall temperatures going

forward as opposed the the very warm first week of the month.

Maybe a sneaky 90F on Thursday it looks borderline hot. Afterwards temps are looking near normal and the pattern will be dull as usual.

A nice hurricane would've been nice to track right now.

Yeah 850's are progged around +16c/+17c, so I could see the warmer locations like EWR and New Brunswick making a run at 90F.

Maybe a sneaky 90F on Thursday it looks borderline hot. Afterwards temps are looking near normal and the pattern will be dull as usual.

A nice hurricane would've been nice to track right now.

Actually temps this weekend will be mainly in the 60's ... Well below, may not hit 70, especially Sunday and Monday with lows in the 40's inland and low 50's along the coast.

Reparation for this failed event.

You can blame the recent +NAO, lack of high lattitude blocking and the overall progressive nature of the pattern. When you're dealing with a positively tilted trough and strong flow it's very difficult to get a coastal up here. We run into this problem all the time during the winter months. Even though the energy was potent, it really had no room to slow down and amplify the pattern.

Archived