joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2014

Rtd208

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully future runs keep the heat for that day as we get closer to it.  Mid 90s away from the coast on the Euro, especially C NJ down to Philly.  Toasty!

Strong southerly flow on the Euro from around NYC east. So it looks like the best warmth will be interior NJ.

The 12z ECMWF ensemble mean and to a somewhat lesser extent the 12z GEFS mean keep the ridge in a favorable position for hot, humid weather with repeated chances at convection/rain as spokes of energy ride along the stalled out frontal boundary. Although the operational models have backed off on what once looked like a very wet period, things certainly don't look stellar for outdoor activites.

The 12z ECMWF ensemble mean and to a somewhat lesser extent the 12z GEFS mean keep the ridge in a favorable position for hot, humid weather with repeated chances at convection/rain as spokes of energy ride along the stalled out frontal boundary. Although the operational models have backed off on what once looked like a very wet period, things certainly don't look stellar for outdoor activites.

what days or time period are you referring too ????

all of a sudden KNYC is the warmest spot in the Summer...either they cleared up the vegetation or adjusted the thermometer...

Didn't someone say they cleaned up the site? Is that true? I'm not sure myself. It has been really dry though so that helps mitigate the effects of the vegetation whether it was cleared back or not.

all of a sudden KNYC is the warmest spot in the Summer...either they cleared up the vegetation or adjusted the thermometer...

Or 15 days this month so far with an easterly component to the winds keeping EWR and LGA cooler.

But maybe someone should make a trip to the Central Park ASOS and take some photos.

Didn't someone say they cleaned up the site? Is that true? I'm not sure myself. It has been really dry though so that helps mitigate the effects of the vegetation whether it was cleared back or not.

yes heard it was cleared in early August that combined with the recent dryness.  Forky asked for it and they cleaned it :-)

Either way, not good for the climate record.... now problems with Linden and Teterboro.... seems to happen too often with the official stations and takes way to long to rectify any problems. At my station, if my main thermo malfunctions I have backups which would alert me to a problem and I would quickly remove my station from reporting until things get fixed.

Either way, not good for the climate record.... now problems with Linden and Teterboro.... seems to happen too often with the official stations and takes way to long to rectify any problems. At my station, if my main thermo malfunctions I have backups which would alert me to a problem and I would quickly remove my station from reporting until things get fixed.

It does make you wonder just how reliable records are from 100-150 years ago when we're still having these issues with the modern technology of today

I heard they are investigating these sites now for accuracy ? I brought this issue up here a couple of weeks ago - coincidence or does Upton read this site ? Anyways at least they are not major reporting stations although Central Park has been a suspect for inaccuracy at times also - and how about Newark on July 22 2011 ? They recorded a high of 108 ?

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KEWR/2011/7/22/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Archived