PHL: 90/69 (+5)

8/27:

NYC:  90/70 (+6)

EWR: 93/67  (+6)

LGA: 89/72 (+6)

JFK:  86/67 (+3) 

TTN:  89/62 (+4)

PHL: 89/67 (+3)

Its looking like Sinday (8/30) may push towards the hottest day of the year.  Clouds the largest factor otherwise off to the races wit 850 temps pushing 22c

NYC: 91

LGA: 93

EWR: 97

The 0z Euro backed off a little Sunday keeping the best heat focused more over Central and Southern NJ. 

Has the 850's 16-18 C now over our area. But it keeps the warmth running into Wednesday so

it will be a toasty start to September.

The 0z Euro backed off a little Sunday keeping the best heat focused more over Central and Southern NJ. 

Has the 850's 16-18 C now over our area. But it keeps the warmth running into Wednesday so

it will be a toasty start to September.

Departures will probably be +5/+6 or greater by Sept 10th. Potential for some record heat later next week on the Euro. Even if that doesn't verify, looks like 86-90F for 5-7 consecutive days starting this Sunday, 31st.

Departures will probably be +5/+6 or greater by Sept 10th. Potential for some record heat later next week on the Euro. Even if that doesn't verify, looks like 86-90F for 5-7 consecutive days starting this Sunday, 31st.

Well that's something extreme for the mostly boring and benign summer weather so bring it. Let's get some raging 90s this September making kids fry in school and make people start going mad due to the heat.

Well that's something extreme for the mostly boring and benign summer weather so bring it. Let's get some raging 90s this September making kids fry in school and make people start going mad due to the heat.

Why would you want kids and people suffering when many buildings don't have air conditioning? A lot of you beg for heat but sit nice and comfy in air conditioned environments or go in a pool. That's a phony if you ask me.

Why would you want kids and people suffering when many buildings don't have air conditioning? A lot of you beg for heat but sit nice and comfy in air conditioned environments or go in a pool. That's a phony if you ask me.

heat doesn't make me uncomfortable. bring it on

Kind of a bogus argument though. What about those who like the cold and snowy winters, do we all sit in our houses with no heating, parkas on 24/7 teeth chattering? I don't think so. I think you can enjoy a certain weather condition without living outside in it 24/7 like a deer.

Kind of a bogus argument though. What about those who like the cold and snowy winters, do we all sit in our houses with no heating, parkas on 24/7 teeth chattering? I don't think so. I think you can enjoy a certain weather condition without living outside in it 24/7 like a deer.

Not exactly the same. All indoor structures are heated..but many older buildings including schools, apartments and houses do not have AC

I want the cold because its kind of hard to make snow above freezing :) Plus you need the cold to keep the snow around. Otherwise ill sit outside for hours just walking in snow or staring at it as it comes down.

Plus name me a building that has no heating in this part of country where people work or live. I don't think you'll find any such place and if you do it would be an extreme exception.

Not even close. Every single building in NY and America has heating.

This isn't a 3rd world nation. LOL.

I want the cold because its kind of hard to make snow above freezing :) Plus you need the cold to keep the snow around. Otherwise ill sit outside for hours just walking in snow or staring at it as it comes down.

Plus name me a building that has no heating in this part of country where people work or live. I don't think you'll find any such place and if you do it would be an extreme exception.

Yeah I'm aware that most buildings have heating. :lol: You were arguing that people who wish for heat really shouldn't if they have A/C. My point was simply that our indoor climate conditions shouldn't prevent us from wanting certain weather. I fully agree with your post here of course.

old timers like me remember going to school in 90 degree heat and no ac...I didn't have ac until I was around 16 years old...I can remember many nights with my face next to the window fan we had in the bedroom...

You probably could've gotten through this summer w/o A/C. I only have 719 cooling degree days on the year, and with only September to go, will definitely finish below normal.

I was a teen age blimp at the time...Now that I'm thin I can't take the cold...This year had no extreme days like 95 degrees or higher...are the veggies in the park holding down the extreme heat?...

Extreme heat days 95 or higher.....
16 in 1955
13 in 1988
12 in 1953
12 in 1993
12 in 1999
12 in 2002
10 in 1944
10 in 1980
9.. in 2005
9.. in 1983
9.. in 1966
8.. in 1963
8.. in 1991
8.. in 2010

I was a teen age blimp at the time...Now that I'm thin I can't take the cold...This year had no extreme days like 95 degrees or higher...are the veggies in the park holding down the extreme heat?...

Extreme heat days 95 or higher.....

16 in 1955

13 in 1988

12 in 1953

12 in 1993

12 in 1999

12 in 2002

10 in 1944

10 in 1980

9.. in 2005

9.. in 1983

9.. in 1966

8.. in 1963

8.. in 1991

8.. in 2010

No extreme heat this year at LGA either with a high of 93. LGA was a little ahead of NYC in 2010 with 11 days of 95 degrees or more.

Guess we're due for a warm month...the last month here with a positive departure of 1 degree or more was last October, while 8 months have had similar negative departures since last August.

Archived