joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOS hit 91 the other day and Dulles...yes Dulles has not seen 90F yet this month. Go figure.

I'm out of your region, but BWI has also not hit 90 this month. DCA only reached 90 twice, which is pretty good for them (no offense DC).

You know it's been a great summer when the Mid-Atlantic has seen more highs in the 70s than the 90s.

I swear I don't ever recall the Milky Way looking so amazing as it does tonight. Even on clear nights in winter. Wow

Astronomically speaking, this is probably near peak time for Milky Way viewing... the galactic core will soon fail to rise before nightfall, and stay hidden until late winter. Always an awesome sight, but it's a bit sad how many people don't believe you can see it with the naked eye.

I swear I don't ever recall the Milky Way looking so amazing as it does tonight. Even on clear nights in winter. Wow

I was noticing that two nights ago during the evening dog walk.

Astronomically speaking, this is probably near peak time for Milky Way viewing... the galactic core will soon fail to rise before nightfall, and stay hidden until late winter. Always an awesome sight, but it's a bit sad how many people don't believe you can see it with the naked eye.

Isn't that like not being able to see the forest for the trees?

I guess it's like someone not being able to tell they live on an island when they are on it.

Archived