Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brad has a cold bias.ryan will vouch

Ryan didn't have much higher than that either. He had 87 for Sunday a couple of days ago. The forecast has trended towards more clouds for Sunday, so the forecast high trending down a degree or two from a couple of days ago isn't indicative of a cold bias, just common sense. Next week is September, so we're getting to the time of year where you have to have things line up to get to 90 even at BDL which averages <1 90+ day in September.

About 40 rescues at misquamicut today with some pretty gnarly rip currents. One of the lifeguards got a spinal injury during a rescue after getting tossed by a wave. Most impressive surf I've seen since Bill.

fun, sucks for the LG though, nothing worse than having to go in after people who should not be in the water. It was a fantastic day. Squam tends to have much rougher beach break , Weekapaug had long smooth rollers, didn't see any rescues though.

fun, sucks for the LG though, nothing worse than having to go in after people who should not be in the water. It was a fantastic day. Squam tends to have much rougher beach break , Weekapaug had long smooth rollers, didn't see any rescues though.

Rip currents were so easy to see from the beach today... It's too bad people go in who can't handle the surf.

Rip currents were so easy to see from the beach today... It's too bad people go in who can't handle the surf.

I worked that beach for 3 years and know exactly what you mean, worst were the drunks. not too many days in the a summer where a LG has to work hard but when a day like today comes along,yikes. I was surprised how full the State Beach lot was, lots of non soccer moms I guess.

Back before satellites, tv radio, wxmen, coastal dwellers who were savvy saw these long rollers from a distance and knew what they meant. Multiple accounts in the historical records speak of residents packing up and heading inland at the sign of these. Wave direction foretold storm position and direction. I was standing exactly where a famous film piece of the 38 hurricane was filmed.0828141325a.jpg

Back before satellites, tv radio, wxmen, coastal dwellers who were savvy saw these long rollers from a distance and knew what they meant. Multiple accounts in the historical records speak of residents packing up and heading inland at the sign of these. Wave direction foretold storm position and direction. I was standing exactly where a famous film piece of the 38 hurricane was filmed.0828141325a.jpg

When thous't saw thy waves lapping up to me knickers, we dost knew thy ocean would send a tempest as to which nobody expected onto thy shores within the sun's dawn.

When thous't saw thy waves lapping up to me knickers, we dost knew thy ocean would send a tempest as to which nobody expected onto thy shores within the sun's dawn.

as soon as I wrote this I figured a dead sea scrolls comment from you was coming lol, Learn somethings pick up a book put down the bong.

Archived