e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be good for NAO and even better for cold though at such a high latitude maybe the opposite effect of holding the vortex north?

Jan 11? Depends I guess on amount of SO2 ejected, equatorial high volume volcanic activity has more of a world wide effect but the last Icelandic eruption seemed to have some cooling effects.

September is akin to April. April is not usually a warm month, September is not usually a cool month.

That's a very valid comparison...its easy to want to rush into the next season (be it warm or cold), but that's not usually how it works.  It takes time.  There are changes going on though elsewhere that signify those changes are coming (be it getting colder up north in September, or getting warm down south in April), but they take some time to really envelop us. 

Definitely a signal on 12z euro for a second shot of warmth. Also later in the run looks like warm front gets caught up over our heads and gives us decent rains. Need it bad. I think early next week features rain and clouds for many. Cape is also modeled, maybe storms if we clear out. Details need to be ironed out.

18z GFS looks to agree with 12z Euro in regards to rainfall early next week with similar scenario. Higher pwats stay s of sne unlike euro which parks it overhead however. Onshore winds for much of the east keep us from the torching mid atlantic experiences.

That's a very valid comparison...its easy to want to rush into the next season (be it warm or cold), but that's not usually how it works. It takes time. There are changes going on though elsewhere that signify those changes are coming (be it getting colder up north in September, or getting warm down south in April), but they take some time to really envelop us.

September is partly summer, April is Fully Spring, September is the mirror opposite of June.

Humid air is in for good on 0z GFS. Not a lot of fanfare like 12z euro with stalled front early next week. I'd like to see more rainfall with the passage of that front. Tropical action develops east of FL by the end of the run. Ridge sets up shop over the east coast, clown range says look out southeast usa. September might look like August early on. Big signals for warm weather this run. We'll have to see 0z EURO in the AM to see if it concurs. 

Humid air is in for good on 0z GFS. Not a lot of fanfare like 12z euro with stalled front early next week. I'd like to see more rainfall with the passage of that front. Tropical action develops east of FL by the end of the run. Ridge sets up shop over the east coast, clown range says look out southeast usa. September might look like August early on. Big signals for warm weather this run. We'll have to see 0z EURO in the AM to see if it concurs. 

September to remember 

0z Euro was a toaster oven for Sunday. Early next week someone gets dumped on with the boundary I mentioned last night. It will be over portions of SNE possibly lifting north towards snh and svt. The rain starts sunday night and continues on into monday. precip screwhole was south coast this run. Sunday night into monday we have tropical dewpoints. Some cape around those days too. 

0z Euro was a toaster oven for Sunday. Early next week someone gets dumped on with the boundary I mentioned last night. It will be over portions of SNE possibly lifting north towards snh and svt. The rain starts sunday night and continues on into monday. precip screwhole was south coast this run. Sunday night into monday we have tropical dewpoints. Some cape around those days too. 

The way the summer has gone W MA will be getting the deluge.

Archived