e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we will be live at misquamicut on Thursday for outdoor wx and swells.

nice, live from Paddys Deck? Take the crew to Point Panic in Weekapaug, the lookout around the corner about 1/2 mile from the Breechway, surfers will be there, and Dickies next to State Beach by the Windjammer and the Watch Hill Lighthouse . I will be at my spot away from the crowds

nice, live from Paddys Deck? Take the crew to Point Panic in Weekapaug, the lookout around the corner about 1/2 mile from the Breechway, surfers will be there, and Dickies next to State Beach by the Windjammer and the Watch Hill Lighthouse . I will be at my spot away from the crowds

Lol. No crowds because his Beach has more trespassing warnings than a military installation.

1454cf2b41b89f4fb0b2588109c215f4.jpg

You know I'm just busting your stones, Steve. Don't know why I didn't just walk down the breachway to the sand. I guess I read your post as I should park, then walk down the street past the seaside, them enter the beach past it...

It was a great day anyway. Kids got fried, I spent about 4 hours in the surf. Kinda crowded at sam's, but the water temp was way warmer than ogunquit, which was where I was going to go before I learned of my comped room at foxwoods.

Next time I'll be sure to check out your beach. ...the one where you posted all of these warnings authorizing the use of deadly force if you're caught tresspassing. Now that I know that you personally put those signs up just to keep everybody else away, I'll go ahead and ignore them. :)

You know I'm just busting your stones, Steve. Don't know why I didn't just walk down the breachway to the sand. I guess I read your post as I should park, then walk down the street past the seaside, them enter the beach past it...

It was a great day anyway. Kids got fried, I spent about 4 hours in the surf. Kinda crowded at sam's, but the water temp was way warmer than ogunquit, which was where I was going to go before I learned of my comped room at foxwoods.

Next time I'll be sure to check out your beach. ...the one where you posted all of these warnings authorizing the use of deadly force if you're caught tresspassing. Now that I know that you personally put those signs up just to keep everybody else away, I'll go ahead and ignore them. :)

lol, hey its all good and that's the reason I have been going there for 40 years, hidden treasure. Also long drift scours out seaweed and keeps jellyfish offshore. Other news the more I read about Barabunda Iceland the more it seems like if it explodes its going to be massive. Another large earthquake right now

Going to rain in places tomorrow. Highest threat of storms north and west. S nh and svt look like places to be. Maybe area in northern mass from west to east sneak in on it.

I've definitely recieved more rain than most this summer. More would not surprise me. In fact, I welcome it! Let's keep the same lines between the 'haves' and 'have nots' just the way it currently is, right through the winter.

Dry begets dry and wet begets wet, no?

I've definitely recieved more rain than most this summer. More would not surprise me. In fact, I welcome it! Let's keep the same lines between the 'haves' and 'have nots' just the way it currently is, right through the winter.

Dry begets dry and wet begets wet, no?

It seems to be in line with same areas that seemed to have been in jackpots most of the summer.

For Wiz:

day1otlk_1200.gif?1409119446058

...ERN PA INTO SRN NEW ENGLAND...
A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH/FRONT WILL PROVIDE A FOCUS FOR THUNDERSTORMS
AS A LOW AMPLITUDE UPPER TROUGH ARRIVES LATE. THIS WILL ALLOW FOR
STRONG HEATING AND DESTABILIZATION WITH MUCAPE ON THE ORDER OF
1000-1500 J/KG IN A NARROW ZONE. LOW TO MIDLEVEL WIND FIELDS WILL
NOT BE PARTICULARLY STRONG...BUT SUFFICIENT SHEAR WILL EXIST FOR A
FEW CELLS CAPABLE OF SMALL HAIL AND LOCALLY DAMAGING WIND GUSTS.
ACTIVITY SHOULD WANE QUICKLY BY EARLY EVENING WITH LOSS OF HEATING.

Ine of the years I lived in Los Angeles we went from late march to mid November with not a drop of rain.

You also got to enjoy the near 80 degree sun angles in June in LA.  The lighting must of looked more tropical compared to the 70-71 degree angle in June in southern New England.  Right now our sun inclination is dropping down the cliff, below 60 degrees now and will be below 50 degrees in 3-4 weeks. The sun will seem high now when it struggles to 25 degree angle in 15 weeks.  Think -EPO / -AO and neutral NAO, with warm ENSO.... The rest could be history literally.  Tees become hoodies in about 5 weeks.  The suits and brief case weather for execs as of late will become trench coats, vests and briefcase weather.....

You also got to enjoy the near 80 degree sun angles in June in LA. The lighting must of looked more tropical compared to the 70-71 degree angle in June in southern New England. Right now our sun inclination is dropping down the cliff, below 60 degrees now and will be below 50 degrees in 3-4 weeks. The sun will seem high now when it struggles to 25 degree angle in 15 weeks. Think -EPO / -AO and neutral NAO, with warm ENSO.... The rest could be history literally. Tees become hoodies in about 5 weeks. The suits and brief case weather for execs as of late will become trench coats, vests and briefcase weather.....

The Chamber of Commerce endorses this post

The Chamber of Commerce endorses this post

Indeed.  Can really notice the sun angle with respect to the shade line that hits the pool--the angle and timing of it are SO visibly  different than even 3 weeks ago and continue to change rapidly.

A warm one in store today.

63.9/63--heavily dewed field for the dew point win.

Archived