amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my comment was about a general cool August which didn't tell you much. If you have a developing Nino..it tilts the scales a bit.

yea certainly no 1-1 correllation but the data does suggest we don't have to worry about 11/12 type year but of course does not mean it won"t. combine all of the signals and data and its looking at least an average year unfolds. EPO state and Eurasian extent in Nov are really what tips the scales.

yea certainly no 1-1 correllation but the data does suggest we don't have to worry about 11/12 type year but of course does not mean it won"t. combine all of the signals and data and its looking at least an average year unfolds. EPO state and Eurasian extent in Nov are really what tips the scales.

Eurasian snow index only predicts ao per Cohen. Last year it was positive but winter was damned cold.

Eurasian snow index only predicts ao per Cohen. Last year it was positive but winter was damned cold.

actually it also predicts the winters NH snowcover extent., there was great debate as to his work and others work last year. some claimed the change in extent was a precursor while others pointed out scholarly articles which just looked at extent. 

Kind of a random temp stat, but this might be the first summer since 2000 that ORH fails to record a minimum temp of 70F or higher. So far, they have yet to record one. 2000 also failed to hit 90F which this summer has yet to hit as well.

How dry have you guys been? Out here, I have the following for the summer:

June -- 2.1" (that's a misread though as power-outage and dead batteries killed my reporting in two storms)

July -- 4.4"

Aug -- 3.6

Met summer to date: 10.1"

7.70" at TAN

1.01" Aug

5.05" Jul

1.64" Jun

Majority of July rains came in 2 events.

Kind of a random temp stat, but this might be the first summer since 2000 that ORH fails to record a minimum temp of 70F or higher. So far, they have yet to record one. 2000 also failed to hit 90F which this summer has yet to hit as well.

That's a cool stat and at least probably related to the lack of high dews keeping temps up a bit.

The seal population is just enormous, no surprise the grey suits are around. 

I'd highly recommend the trip to CHH and a boat ride to Monomoy.  Good place for sightings.  Bring the sunscreen.

I've seen a lot more seals in the Portland area this year compared to others as well. Nothing like CHH though.

Archived