joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just absolute boredom since June. I can't wait for Fall and some actual weather. Good riddance.

Tell me about it.

As to the DP discussion yesterday, it looks like the Pit had a sudden/short spike to 64* at 1:30  and managed to get a second spike of 66*  at 6;30 .  DP2 sitting in a field.

Currently 60.8/59, rn-

Tell me about it.

As to the DP discussion yesterday, it looks like the Pit had a sudden/short spike to 64* at 1:30  and managed to get a second spike of 66*  at 6;30 .  DP2 sitting in a field.

Currently 60.8/59, rn-

You've been like Wichita compared to this area. 

What weather aside from tropics do we get in early fall? The only thing more boring than summer is September.

Anything Jerry...heavy rain...maybe a rogue coastal or TC remnants...anything is better than this. At least September offers the opportunity to look ahead to winter and get the first tastes of Fall. I know you are not a "Fall" season guy. 

Summer storms few and far between. Meh. Fall has the opportunity for coastals and more exciting events then cloud to cloud lightning.

:lol:

summer has beautiful weather the beach and girls in bikinis. Fall is too warm for snow and too cold not to wear a jacket. Fook that. Spring at least has the hope of coming summer and beautiful days.

:lol:

summer has beautiful weather the beach and girls in bikinis. Fall is too warm for snow and too cold not to wear a jacket. Fook that. Spring at least has the hope of coming summer and beautiful days.

If you are using this as a redeeming quality of spring, then I'll mention the same thing for Fall...it brings the hope of winter and exciting weather.

That said, September is quite possibly the most boring month to me weatherwise...it is only interesting here if we get a rogue tropical system. But I'll also agree with Scott that New England thunderstorm season is like rooting for snow in Atlanta....good luck with that. :lol:

Anything Jerry...heavy rain...maybe a rogue coastal or TC remnants...anything is better than this. At least September offers the opportunity to look ahead to winter and get the first tastes of Fall. I know you are not a "Fall" season guy. 

September can be boring especially if there's no TC activity-remember last year?  I think it rained once the entire month here.

Eager for the clocks change.  Taking the dog out this morning it was pretty darn dark with the clouds.  Should have brought a flashlight   I'd rather not stumble upon a bear in the dark.  Or a deer, skunk, opossum..........

Got a ways to go for that.  1st weekend in November.  Sunrise will be 7:30 right before that occurs

Got a ways to go for that.  1st weekend in November.  Sunrise will be 7:30 right before that occurs

I have never understood why they wait even longer now...at least in the spring when they go forward, we are getting close to the equinox, so I can sort of understand that...but the waiting until early November to turn the clocks back now is insane. It's like 6-7 weeks after the fall equinox. Kids are outside in the dark going to school...it's ridiculous. All because of what? So we can have an extra hour of sunlight at 5:30pm?

It was fine the way it was...when we use to turn the clocks back in mid-October.

Temps have been great and most spots have had sufficient rains...if not prolific in spots. Certainly more haves, than have nots.

It doesn't work both ways..you can't say this summer has been boring and then say some have had prolific rains. The summer has sucked from beginning to end. That's just my opinion. Instead of one awful month of September we've had 2-3 months in a row of it

Archived